K0 Korner

Wayne · 19 · 7252

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 ;) yes thanks wayne us limey's was to late to get the sandcast ,only got ko from january 1970 ,but the same bike really apart from engine cases  lol  ;)

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I am putting together a VIN directory /info file on the 1st UK bikes. If anyone has any info they are willing to share please PM me. I with then put it on here in this section. I have quite a bit of info on the 1st UK VIN from member Kettle738 and also on the UK press bike, as I met the original owner at Bonhams auction in April this year and the person who restored it in the 90's

Thanks guys for creating this section. As Steff says we never got sandcasts here, apart from  the Gold PP  'Brighton' bike. We never even officially got CB500K0's over here either. Talk about being low down in the pecking order !!

Cheers ... Ash
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 11:01:12 am by ashimotok0 »

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
No such thing as a CB500K0!!....

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

ashimotok0

• View Profile
No such thing as a CB500K0!!....

Chris R.

Was it just plain old CB500 then Chris ? It is just plain old CB500 in my combined parts book ..problem is if you ask anyone for a part they always want to  refer to it as K0. Same with CB250/350 'K0'.  I always refer to it as CB250SS (SuperSport)

ashimotok0

• View Profile
Hmmm  So we are calling this section K0 Korner then. Shame on you guys  ;D  Shouldn't it be CB750 Diecast Pre-CB750K1 Korner . Happy with the Korner bit though , quite liked Alexis !

Chris ..do you have any info on any early UK VIN's to share with me for my data file please. Already have your old 'museum' one covered though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:11:14 am by ashimotok0 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hmmm  So we are calling this section K0 Korner then.
Game set and match The quarterback is down. Go Ash.  ;D OK I'm taking the piss here fellas (if you don't know what that means don't ask). Actually, I often wonder what is correct ie: KO (K Oh!) or K0 (K Zero) When I look for bits on eBay I use both searches and get different results so sellers use both. In fact here is what I think is an oxymoron. KO is one thing but K0 (K Zero, an oxymoron) really says just K which in fact is what the first model was, a CB750K. The Zero adds nothing at all and we really do need to string up the inventor of this term because there is no such thing as a K Zero. It's like saying K nothing so there is no K, or it doesn't exist. But it does exist so we need to get rid of that 0 (zero)
Give it to me Jimmys
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 05:54:53 am by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hmmm  So we are calling this section K0 Korner then. Shame on you guys  ;D  Shouldn't it be CB750 Diecast Pre-CB750K1 Korner . Happy with the Korner bit though , quite liked Alexis !

Chris ..do you have any info on any early UK VIN's to share with me for my data file please. Already have your old 'museum' one covered though.

Ash, that has to be about the best reply to any post on any thread i recall on the forum !

it wold be great if we could have general and well detailed pictures of the so called "K0" production machine distributed to dealers (in UK?) for retail sales.  Certainly, at least for me, the "K0" is as much of an interesting bike as the "French sandcasts."  the "K0" as i understand it, basically a CB750 with K1 carbs.....  what we need is good pictures of a documented authentic machine.  for the most part, i don't go much for the journalistic hyperbole blathering about what unique bikes they feature in their magazines they are selling to many readers who are armchair restorers.  al that's being printed is information some journalist interviewed from someone else that may or may not be well researched.

UK Pete

• View Profile
Hmmm  So we are calling this section K0 Korner then. Shame on you guys  Grin  Shouldn't it be CB750 Diecast Pre-CB750K1 Korner . Happy with the Korner bit though , quite liked Alexis

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeh, the K0 thing has kind of caught on and been applied to first version of quite a number of models which subsequently progressed through K1, 2,.... variants.
A typical case of something becoming established "fact" by virtue of its widespread use. We know what we mean though??

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

DW69K0

• View Profile
With Steve's revelations, I have been up all night trying to figure out a new user name, since mine is bull dust  ;D ;D