Honda CB750 Sandcast

The Story of VIN 28

kp · 19 · 7667

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Mark, Thought you may be interested in the early carb air vent pipes I didn't know of these.
Yes, I see you have the small hoses on the vents. 97/E100 had them too. They are not shown in the early parts manuals.

the rack of 28's that came with 232 has those small diameter hoses also.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
As did the ones on #302 (a feature of the long choke lever carbs maybe?)
#302 also had those "unique" #8 bolts (as did its ignition switch bracket, and mainstand pinch bolts (all M8 x 40 long of course).

What are the oil hose upper fittings like - steel, or alloy (as #9 was)?
Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's the good thing about this site, one never stops learning. I've got another rack of early carbs but no hoses fitted
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Very cool Chris !  Alloy banjo connectors on upper line !  Wow !

another possible early distinction (i posted on this a few years back, didn't get a any replies) is valve clearance inspection caps.  what i don't know for sure is if all sandcasts used the same caps or if there were different types of caps used within the sandcast production run.  what i do know is on the caps i've found on SOME sandcast cam covers is the embossed markings "F" and "1" on the inside of the cover.   my experience seems to support  caps found on non-sandcast machines don't have these markings.  and, actually, if one compares the two caps side by side, the caps with "F" and "1" markings are overall very different from caps without markings.  i have found both types of caps on sandcasts.  i have found caps with markings only on earlier vin sandcasts.  how far into the sandcast CB750 production run these caps were fitted, i do not know.

so i guess the bottom line of what i am saying -

what i don't know is if these caps embossed with "F" and "1" are features of caps found on earlier vin sandcasts or all sandcasts or for that matter on earlier vin diecast units.........????????????