Honda CB750 Sandcast

Paint KO

bestball

• View Profile
I need some paint for my sidecovers and airbox.My tank is good Red are the sidecovers and airbox the same colour? Seems my airbox looks a different red. Thanks larry

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Larry, i have heard with good success guys using the paint they buy off ebay from the vintage honda paint seller. There was a post ont too long ago with his contact information. I will say his Ruby Red is very good.

I use a painter locally, he is very good, he uses House of Kolor paint product. He has been able to match with a spectrometer both the Candy Tone Ruby Red and the Blu-Green.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
myhondas, That link is a great bit of info for the members. I'll see if we can add this to the links page.
The fella Steve S refers to is don the dirt biker and his link is here
http://www.vintagehondapaint.com
KP
Yabba Dabba KP

elisent

• View Profile
If your trying to match original I have good original honda paint from 69 that I just did a side cover in. I would send it to you for shipping. Just send the remainder back. Don't have the silver base paint. Used it to touch up an nos piece. It will be darker than tanks because of fading. matched exactly with nos cover.

donzie

• View Profile
I have used paint supplied by the above vender on 2 seperate restoration projects & am not pleased. After much research I will be sending my sandcast parts to this guy. He is top notch, I've seen his work & his paint colors are dead on, & easy to work with.

http://www.marblesmotors.com/partsforsalePaint.htm

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I will say House of Kolor paint prodcuts are THE best i have seen. HoK isthe paint product "my" painter uses. A couple club members have had "my" painter paint their partss, most recently Marty Kitner and i know he is pleased (as am i.) Vic World said the paint on my 232 is some of the very best he has seen. "My" painter is Kurt Rommell, his phone number is 970.221.0401, if you call him, tell him i sent you. His work is flawless and his Blue-Green and Ruby Red are indistinguishable from original.