Honda CB750 Sandcast

Tokyo Show 68'

4pots1969

• View Profile
You all know this picture from the Tokyo Show 68...
This one is in excellent definition for a picture of almost fifty years... You can zoom in and see almost all the details...
I noticed the thinness of the front brake disc... maybe 4 or 5 mm...
Surely increased later because of the fact of a single piston disc deformation problems mounted with a floating bracket..?
Your opinions are welcome...;)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:17:00 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Gerard, such a wonderful picture.   That bike is what i call the Early Pre-production model, as featured in the March 1969 issue of "CYCLE" magazine.  Bob Young was pictured riding one of these Early Pre-production machines.  He is wearing a jacket with his name "Bob" embroidered on the front of the jacket.

What i do not know is if the Early Pre-production machine at the Tokyo show is the machine featured in the March 1969 issue of "CYCLE" magazine.  Nor do i know if more than one of these machine types were produced.  We certainly are inquisitive as to the existence of any of these early p-p machines.

Of interest, these Early Pre-production machine's vins were a 1xxx (4 digit) vin.  Chris R can certainly speak to this, but if i recall correctly the vin on the bike Bob Young is pictured is CB750-1110 with engine CB750E-1110.

And, we know the Late Pre-production bike Vic World sold was CB750-2113/CB750E-2113 and Gold Brighton bike was 2110.

I never noticed the thin disc on the Tokyo bike, keen observation, Gerard  !

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 ;) nice find, we need to dig out more old pics like that, the mirrors, switches,carbs and the camcovers have all been changed on production models ,even the routeing of the brake line to the caliper is different? does this bike still exist, i would love to see it in the flesh lol

4pots1969

• View Profile
;) nice find, we need to dig out more old pics like that, the mirrors, switches,carbs and the camcovers have all been changed on production models ,even the routeing of the brake line to the caliper is different? does this bike still exist, i would love to see it in the flesh lol

If it still exists... I take a ticket... to go gently remove dust !! ::) ::)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:16:25 am by 4pots1969 »