Honda CB750 Sandcast

FRENCH SANDCAST TANKS

kp · 7 · 2347

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Gerard Can you find information on the benzine tanks of French Sandcast bikes. All 14xxx frame die cast bikes should have wrinkle tanks so I think that some french sandcast bikes have wrinkle tanks KP
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
KP, the only Sandcast I can certify 100% with wringle gas tank is the Sandcast E-1014149 having seen with my own eyes the day I've been making photos... I also had confirmation on the phone by the owner of sandcast E-1017199 that his tank had wrinkles and also the clutch cover was a 9/10 but I have not seen him personally...
For other french owners or members who have Sandcast it is very difficult to get information....
One question ... the K0 in diecast E-1014XXX series were they still with a tank wrinkles? To which number the gas tanks wrinkles were stopped? Because if the gas tanks had wrinkle were stopped before 14000 it would mean that the Sandcasts 14000 and 17000 were assembled apart off the assembly lines of Diecast.... But It's just an idea...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:25:38 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well Gerard, I'm not so sure of the frame number the wrinkle ends. Mr Rushton will know the frame numbers better than me. To be honest I am the romantic about the French sandcast bikes, so much so, if I can I will in the future seek to buy one of these bikes, but we would be better to listen to those that have a more objective accounting of the frame number cut off. I agree that the E14149 bike should have a wrinkle tank, plus have a socket key switch with a double cut front mudguard (fender). My hope is that all the French sandcast bikes have wrinkle tanks. Thank you for your information on this. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile

To be honest I am the romantic about the French sandcast bikes, so much so, if I can I will in the future seek to buy one of these bikes,

KP Coming from you, I'm not at all surprised to read these words... And I think you have understood everything...;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 01:50:20 pm by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
KP, the only Sandcast I can certify 100% with wringle gas tank is the Sandcast E-1014149 having seen with my own eyes the day I've been making photos... I also had confirmation on the phone by the owner of sandcast E-1017199 that his tank had wrinkles and also the clutch cover was a 9/10 but I have not seen him personally...
For other french owners or members who have Sandcast it is very difficult to get information....
One question ... the K0 in diecast E-1014XXX series were they still with a tank wrinkles? To which number the gas tanks wrinkles were stopped? Because if the gas tanks had wrinkle were stopped before 14000 it would mean that the Sandcasts 14000 and 17000 were assembled apart off the assembly lines of Diecast.... But It's just an idea...

Excellent, Gerard !  i was thinking the same thing as i began reading your post.   Boy, if we could see a 17xxx sandcast with a wrinkle tank !!!!  KP would better remember, but id a certain 12xxx vins had wrinkle tanks and that as high as 14xxx may have been the cut off where wrinkles were last seen...........

we will never stop learning !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4pots1969

• View Profile
Steve, your optimism makes me happy because before I always think Sandcast mean maybe !!