cb750 k4-06/74
cb750k4 01/74
cb350f 1973
cb400T 1978
vulcan meanstreak

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep It's painted. Compare the underside view The sump plates are not painted so a good contrast between cases and plate.
Yabba Dabba KP

benjixt

• View Profile

Hi evrybody

Gerard is right,
me too i don't think so that the sandcast crankcase were paint..

i never see indeniable proof of original paint case

bye evrybody

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
In my opinion they are not painted.

I have a client with a ion- spectrometer but I would have to have a small part.

My case had been welded but there is no burned paint.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:22:48 am by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

benjixt

• View Profile

Because Mr Vic say
it's necessary true.........................!!!!

but In my opinion
the case were not painted.

i have owned 6/7 sandcast  ( still have 2 )
and never see Paint on it

the story with the paint Under the starter is in my opinion no true....
Agree with gerard..

Benjamin

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Gerard, your points are ALL well taken.

about 10 years ago, i took a very strong stand stating my belief the crankcases were NOT painted and got TAKEN TO SCHOOL by Vic.  

my comment to look in the starter well does not originate from me.  i am only a parrot commenting where Vic told me to look for paint

E2241 had paint on various parts of cases and IN the starter well.  i have no reason to believe the patina on the paint was not factory applied. i feel qualified and competent in assessing what patina looks like on what appears to be factory finishes.

i have seen crankcases painted on other sandcast cases and no traces of paint on other cases.

i still have my doubts ALL cases were painted.  it does seem odd to me Honda would not have the consistency of not painting all cases.  Putting it another way, painting some of the cases and not others does not seem consistent for the factory.  But, then, we know stranger things have happened with sandcast production.

i did not paint cases on E254.  i painted cases on E2241.

i would think we need to take a poll on member's findings of paint or no paint on the cases.  Now, if only more 'members' with numerous sandcasts besides just us devoted few would contribute their findings..........!  

the following will very possibly piss off some folks, but sadly we have a lot of "dead wood" in our membership.  oh, f'n well.  i said it.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
the following will very possibly piss off some folks, but sadly we have a lot of "dead wood" in our membership.  oh, f'n well.  i said it.
OMG  :o :'(
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
OMG  :o :'(

"i am only a parrot commenting where Vic told me to look for paint "

i described myself exclusively as a parrot for the entertainment of Gerard, as i am certain he got a chuckle from my self deprecation.  If Gerard did not get a chuckle, please let me know and i shall try harder.

SQUAWK !!  SQUAWK !!

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

[/quote]Sorry to disappoint, but I've had no laughter, not even hint of a smile as it often happens to me also as me repeat like a parrot what is whispering to me ear because I think it's true...[/quote]

Shucks, Gerard.  that's a "buzzkill."  Bummer. ;D

"Shucks" = 1. To express disappointment, and/or used in reaction to an unfortunate event.

"Buzzkill" = someone or something that stops people from enjoying themselves.

Bummer............ = to express disappointment.

Don R

• View Profile
 After a lengthy and scientific examination of the two sandcast engines here and the information presented in the discussion of many expert witnesses, my deductive conclusion is,,,, they just painted the yucky ones.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Yes, those with the red dot.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

benjixt

• View Profile
hi
you probably right guy
only the yucky probably..

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There's no such thing as a yucky Sandcast IMHO.  ::) The best Sandcasts are in fact the red ones, cos they go faster  ;D
As for paint, I also believed they weren't painted. But now and in keeping with that great Monkey's hit, I am a believer, and if Mr World says so then I'm certainly happy to agree.
Did he really say dead wood  :'(
Yabba Dabba KP