Honda CB750 Sandcast

Engine value, IE, how much to spend on one?

Don R · 4 · 1427

Don R

• View Profile
 I see the sandcast engine on ebay didn't sell at $2550 last bid, reserve not met. Is this around the market value of one?  I've seen the empty engine cases offered for $2K and engines for $6K but I doubt that's realistic unless you have the chassis number to go with it. I'm putting E2695 back together (it didn't have the correct cylinder and head) but don't want to go in the red too bad on it since I don't have a frame to go along. I'm thinking of leaving it in the cut off frame/engine cradle and making it pretty until fate decides it's best use.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 10:24:51 pm by Don R »

Don R

• View Profile
 I think that's true, after looking again it did. That throws that one out the window. Literally. $2550 was a strong offer for a broken case. I just took a K5 engine apart where bolt bosses and gears were damaged in the transmission by a chain failure. The end of the chain on mine literally fell out the bottom of the transmission case.

Don R

• View Profile
 My vision for this engine is returned to it's as new appearance on a stand for display but as always a vision may change.