Honda CB750 Sandcast

Smooth oil lines

Prospect

• View Profile
About the only part I still need for my #256 are the smooth oil lines. I have never seen them for sale.  I really don't like using reproductions at all but I guess I have to.  So, has anyone seen them for sale or seen reproductions available??
Vin 256/106

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i'm not aware of repro smooth lines being made by anyone.  at least yet.  they ARE rare perishable parts, not seen in pairs on vins much past the 300 range.

"88 Distinctions" denotes last smooth lines seen on #E338. 

one smooth and one webbed began being seen in the pre-300 vin range. 

does your #256 have it's original lines ?  if so, were they both smooth ?

4pots1969

• View Profile
Hi Steve,
The picture is a Sandcast #1000393 E-1000313
It is the bike of Michel Rougerie who is one of the two pilots who won the 24 hours of the BOL D'OR of September 13, 1969.
This motorcycle was offered to him as a reward by Mr. Vilaseca director of Honda France, and this motorcycle was part of the seventy-three Sandcast motorcycles arrived in France and labeled California.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Michel Rougerie's 338 must be the vin noted in "88 Distinctions" ?

difficult for me to see, looks like return is perhaps smooth also ?  

my previous post, not implying BOTH smooth lines quit being seen pre-300.  

what i am saying is, one smooth and one webbed began being seen in the pre-300 vin range.  The line types could be mixed or the same.  

i do not know the highest vin where 2 smooth lines were used.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Maybe there is some confusion here - #302, which has E338 in it has a PAIR of smooth oil lines fitted. I agree also that from the picture of #393/E313 which is Eric Breton's CB750 book, it is difficult to see the type of inner oil line fitted (and unfortunately I am unable to ascertain more from the text which is in French).

Chris R
Chris R.
302/338

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Maybe there is some confusion here - #302, which has E338 in it has a PAIR of smooth oil lines fitted. I agree also that from the picture of #393/E313 which is Eric Breton's CB750 book, it is difficult to see the type of inner oil line fitted (and unfortunately I am unable to ascertain more from the text which is in French).

Chris R

ahhhh....  Chris's E338 is in "Distinctions" !

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sandcast #410 has the original smooth oil lines. 100% original.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

4pots1969

• View Profile
Sandcast #410 has the original smooth oil lines. 100% original.

Here is the proof !!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:47:02 am by 4pots1969 »

Prospect

• View Profile
i'm not aware of repro smooth lines being made by anyone.  at least yet.  they ARE rare perishable parts, not seen in pairs on vins much past the 300 range.

does your #256 have it's original lines ?  if so, were they both smooth ?

For some strange reason #256 has home made oil lines with regular automotive hose clamps.  I was told of a local hose and rubber company that can make almost anything but I would need an original set for them to work from.  That's next to impossible.  I think I"ll have to go with later lines and be content with it.
Vin 256/106

4pots1969

• View Profile
i'm not aware of repro smooth lines being made by anyone.  at least yet.  they ARE rare perishable parts, not seen in pairs on vins much past the 300 range.

does your #256 have it's original lines ?  if so, were they both smooth ?

For some strange reason #256 has home made oil lines with regular automotive hose clamps.  I was told of a local hose and rubber company that can make almost anything but I would need an original set for them to work from.  That's next to impossible.  I think I"ll have to go with later lines and be content with it.

It seems to me to have seen somebody of the forum who has done it in reproduction .... ??? ???

And you're right ... They'd all prefer to entrust their women to you instead of the smooth oil lines !! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:03:10 am by 4pots1969 »