Honda CB750 Sandcast

Owners manual

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i may be wrong or having old man memory farts, but i do seem to recall the earliest print date for owner's manual is 69.4.

like i said, i could be wrong and may be confusing owner's manual as having 69.4 date as IS the earliest printing on the parts book.

i KNOW there is 69.5 print dates on owner's manual and 69.4 on parts book.

interestingly enough, the earliest print date on a service book i KNOW of is 69.8.  The Provisional Service booklet print date is 69.6

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Do you know if there are anything between 69.5 and 69.12?
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
IŽll keep on searching and wait for Erlings answer.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here are several photos of some manuals  The manual dated 70.6 uses the same photo of both sides of the bike as is in the manual 69.6. It seems to be a very good artist's sketch
I do have a few others but not readily to hand so maybe the missing dates as I thought I had all 69 Manuals. My belief is May is the earliest print date.
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Mr Hahn is on the money. That is indeed an early pre production bike depicted in the owners manual. The reason for the push/pull cable is the bike has Mikuni carbs fitted. Did the early pre-production bikes have Mikuni carbs fitted  ??? cos they are Mikuni carbs
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Mr Hahn is on the money. That is indeed an early pre production bike depicted in the owners manual. The reason for the push/pull cable is the bike has Mikuni carbs fitted. Did the early pre-production bikes have Mikuni carbs fitted  ??? cos they are Mikuni carbs

the "problem" with that early pp bike is the side cover badges, correct me if i am wrong. the bike you are referring to has badges like late pp and the rest of prod.bikes.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

the "problem" with that early pp bike is the side cover badges, correct me if i am wrong. the bike you are referring to has badges like late pp and the rest of prod.bikes.
True but those badges are not very close to production looking and a swap/drawing would be easy enough to substitute for the purpose. I don't have a good enough photo of any PP bikes but the photo posted by Gerard of an early pre production bike convinces me of the origins of the owners manual depiction. The horn, the disc, the top brake line, alternator cover, tank trim, mirror and the Mikuni carbs all point to the early PP bike. There my thoughts
Yabba Dabba KP

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Ha, exactly 69.12 is missing in your collection!

The very hard to find Ltd.x-mas edition.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Mr Hahn is on the money. That is indeed an early pre production bike depicted in the owners manual. The reason for the push/pull cable is the bike has Mikuni carbs fitted. Did the early pre-production bikes have Mikuni carbs fitted  ??? cos they are Mikuni carbs

See page 50 of the owners manual
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:38:37 am by Sgt.Pinback »

Erling

• View Profile
Sure that book came with my CB750.
Have owned both since August Ž69.
Got a shop manual too, but it is indeed dated 70.1!
For curiosity I just looked through it.
Page 136 shows a single cable twist grip.
Next page shows a double cable twist grip!
Which is not known to have been on a production CB750.
Page 156 might show but one cable, but a different kill switch.
Erling.