Honda CB750 Sandcast

Dealer Setup Instruction book

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thought perhaps some might enjoy seeing these.  i am very proud top own this piece of literature which came in the crate with the motorcycle.  there is an even earlier piece of Set-up literature that came out in the form of an actual service bulletin from Honda to dealers.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Just WOW !

I grant you this book.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
An amazing piece of history. Thanks for sharing this Steve!

How did you find it?
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

4pots1969

• View Profile
WOW !! Steve Exceptional documents....
I sincerely thought it was completely assembled in the wooden box with just the two mirrors to go up, very very surprising... :o :o
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:22:12 pm by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
some people "think" the CB750 was assembled in California.  imho, "think" = "bullshit."  i'm probably wrong........  won't be the first time.

i bought it off ebay, Australia, over 10 years ago.  i paid $500 for it.  i will scan the Service Bulletin for set-up and pre-delivery and post it. the loose leaf SB is completely different than the manual.

i will try scanning some of the various literature i have, a lot of it is oversize and won't fit a scanner.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
here's the service bulletin.  i am "assuming" it is earlier than the 69.6 pre-delivery manual becasue the picture of the bike on the front is the early pre-production machine.  in this SB, the early production unit clearly has been removed from the wooden crate and is ready to be set up for delivery to the show room floor.  there is no print date on this piece of literature.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
more.  red early prod.bike, picture taken from factory 2"x3" slide.

"Honda Herald" factory news letters.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
here's the service bulletin.  i am "assuming" it is earlier than the 69.6 pre-delivery manual becasue the picture of the bike on the front is the early pre-production machine.  in this SB, the early production unit clearly has been removed from the wooden crate and is ready to be set up for delivery to the show room floor.  there is no print date on this piece of literature.
That picture clearly indicates that the bike picture/drawing used in the owners manual is the same as this with the production badges added. Even the carbs are the same
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
these 2 undated brochures also fold out to 12x24 inches.  the first is the infamous "indian girl" brochure.   the second brochure advertises the CB750 in 4 colors.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
more.  red early prod.bike, picture taken from factory 2"x3" slide.

"Honda Herald" factory news letters.

That red bike has had some serious disc seizure at some time  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
here's some pics of insides of brochures.

and a real pride and joy piece, the 1970 Honda calendar, it's 20x30 inches.  thank god for Tom Courtney, he sold it to me.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
some miscellaneous pics i have collected.