Honda CB750 Sandcast

Sandcast Brake Calipers - Only Tokico 1?

vnz00 · 5 · 2262

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi all,
Its been a while and I'm just sorting through the last of the parts for my builds.

I just wanted to ask if all sandcast bikes had Tokico 1 calipers?  I have a couple of others here, Tokico 2 and a Tokico 3.  All are silver but the Tokico 3 has the shorter centre fin on the Pad B side so would be later K0 I'm imagining.  When I can find my phone, Ill upload pics...

Thanks, Steven.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep The shorter rear fin is the later K0 carried through to the K1 but painted black My understanding is frames around 28xxx on had the shorter rear fin. The others I'm not so sure. Whilst you're on a roll Steve can you comment on the carb and caps being sold by sandguss on eBay. Thanks KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
My # 1983 has Tokico 1 as well.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

vnz00

• View Profile
Just an update on this.  I believe later sandcasts from c. 6000 had Tokico 2 calipers fitted.  Ive seen a later 67xx frame with a Tok 2 as well as a 71xx frame with a Tok 2.  Having said that I did notice the 7xxx bike from Mach IV's recent auctions had a Tok 1 caliper fitted, so it may have been a mix of Tok 1 and 2 in the later sandcasts.  Both castings appear identical to me, including the long fin on the rear plate.  Ill post a comparison pic of Tokico 1 - 4 with the 4's coming in late K0 in the 103xxxx range.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:51:53 am by vnz00 »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Would like to see if the later calipers have that "8" between the middle front fins.

Can you check if the space between the middle front fins is the same on all calipers?
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)