Honda CB750 Sandcast

Carburettors Vergaser Types on Sandcast/K0 Bikes

kp · 20 · 7944

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Spoke with Vic World a year or so ago about the straight vs. bent vent tubes. He maintains that they are only on very early sandcasts. #863 was the latest he had ever seen. The carbs on #410 are 100% original and they are indeed the bent style.

I do subscribe to the randomness theory here. I doubt that there was a perfect cut-off for the early carbs. I suspect they trailed off instead.
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

DW69K0

• View Profile
Late responding to this topic- I own E720 fitted with straight vent carbs and long choke arm. I am convinced engines were stamp once they passed an assembly test, based on evidence of the top case casting dates not always aligning with engine VIN numbers. The top casting dates on the engine cases seem to align with sequential frame VIN numbers on multiple original Sandcasts, but engine number do not always align with Frame VINs.
DW

bojje

• View Profile
Hi,
I was in USA three weeks ago and visited a guy who has 4 sandcasts. I dont remember all numbers but some and how they was equipped. 56/79 was not complete when he bought it and the carbs were missing.  Next bike, 446/E I dont remember is the best patinated sandcast I ever seen. Except the K0 chainguard it is 100% original and it has casted 90 degree venturipipes. 600-bike comes from Vic World and has later. Arbs. The 1000-bike is almost original and has 90 degree ventiripipes. This one has some peculiar hoses running from the holes where you mount the carbadjusting pipes to a metal piece under the seat. Does anyone know if these items was used to adjust carbs quicker?
Kind regards,Bo from Sweden.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I seem to recall there was an after market vacuum gauge which could be mounted under the left side panel? In which case these extra tubes you refer too were maybe something to do with such a set up? Or maybe my mind is making stuff up!

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
I seem to recall there was an after market vacuum gauge which could be mounted under the left side panel? In which case these extra tubes you refer too were maybe something to do with such a set up? Or maybe my mind is making stuff up!

yes you are correct i have a set of pipes that all connect to one vacuum gauge with four valves to turn on and off one at a time ,until i found a magazine showing it ,i had no idea how it sits(it bolts to the regulator)  ;)