Honda CB750 Sandcast

DSS no number pipes report

Don R · 8 · 4013

Don R

• View Profile
 I got a set of David Silver Spares no number pipes today. The price was close to Yamiya but shipping in the US was a lot lower $250 vs $18.  I previously got a set from mach IV motors off ebay, which I suspected to be Yamiya's. The two sets appear the same, the mach IV pipes were packed in foam while the DSS were packed in newspaper and cardboard. The DSS have an oriental logo on the box and Yamiya instructions inside so I assume they are the same product. I always wondered if they were.
 The DSS pipes arrived in perfect condition, the mach IV pipes had a few very small scratches all in places that can't be easily seen. Possible were seconds.  I haven't tried to install them yet so I can't comment on fitment but if there are any issues I'll take pictures.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
If previous reports are anything to go on would seem genuine and Yamiya are sometimes difficult to fit. I've said this previously; my thoughts are most of what Yamiya sells is available from other sources. Yamiya was probably the first Japanese retailer to sell worldwide whilst others are now doing the same. Nevertheless, Yamiya does give good customer service and anything I've bought from them has always been packed well.
Yabba Dabba KP

Don R

• View Profile
I had to do a little work to fit them but nothing out of the ordinary. They are Yamiya for sure, I've heard of guys having a problem getting the rear connectors to line up, they now come with a piece of tube that fits inside both upper and lower connectors.  I'm assuming this is to remind us to line them up before tightening anything. I use a plastic dead blow hammer and 4 layers of towling to tap them into place at the head after the footrest bolt is loosely in place and the connectors line up.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:51:30 am by Don R »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
after i have the yamiya exhaust tightened down, i've found if i remove the baffle and insert a 43 mm steel fork tube from a 2002 Yamaha R6 into the yamiya muffler, i can easily move the muffler so the connecting tubes line up.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yamiya exhausts are obviously accurate copies then - Honda's own HM300 (and HM341) exhausts could be a nightmare to fit properly for the same reason of persuading the rear connectors to line up. Also have had problems with 500/4 pipes that took quite some persuasion to fit!

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Don R

• View Profile
 I guess I was lucky both sets I installed lined up pretty easily. David Silver is getting them from Yamiya, I was sent two #2's and no #1 pipe. DSS had Yamiya send me the missing #1 direct from Japan. It came quickly and with no hassle other than texting a pic of what I received. There was a slight delay due to the office hours in different time zones. England, Japan and Central US.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:50:35 am by Don R »

Don R

• View Profile
 I since bought a third set, put them on a k1 and promptly sold the bike and a k5 with a single no number pipe back  to David Silver. That was a couple years ago. I'm not seeing any 4-4's available right now except the Italian ones. (not reproductions)
 I'm going through a late K0 now, bought a gold tin set here and hope to have all three colors to show off this spring. The thought crossed my mind to built a three bike trailer to get all three to a couple shows this coming year.

the-oz-slider

• View Profile
well Im looking for a set of no number pipes for my K0 and a set of 300's for my Jap market K1 that previously had 341's fitted.  If anyone has any decent ones to sell Id be interested.
I buy pipes from WEBIKE JPN as they quite often have good deals going on shipping, but they are out of stock and can't tell me when they will have stock again, damn..........
Al