Honda CB750 Sandcast

1969 Complete Tool Kit

Joe K · 45 · 8018

Joe K

• View Profile
By the way I soaked several of these tools in vinegar overnight and then scrubbed them with an S.O.S. pad.  I would sometimes need to soak them two or three times more depending on how bad the tool was tarnished/stained to get them as clean as possible.  Several of the tools have some of the zinc coating worn off so one day I will have them zinc plated again.

Joe K.

Joe K

• View Profile
Can anyone who has the correct tappet gauges and file measure them?  I want to make sure I shorten my aftermarket ones to the correct length.

Thank you,
Joe K.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Looking good Joe!
Does your tool pouch have the small pouch slot for the feeler gauges on the back side?
DW

Joe K

• View Profile
Hi DW,

Yes it does have the pouch slot in the back.  That's one of the reasons I need to know the correct Honda length of the gauges so I can cut them to the correct size.  Currently they are sticking out by about a half an inch.

Joe K.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Joe- the feeler gauges are 85mm long.
Best,
DW

Joe K

• View Profile
Great.  Thank you for letting me know about the length of the feeler gauges, DW.  Can you also let me know how long the file is?

Joe K.

Joe K

• View Profile
This might be a dumb question because the parts manual shows the correct look of the spark plug wrench, but does anyone have an original tool kit with the longer spark plug wrench?  I attached a photo for reference.

Thank you,
Joe K.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What nobody going to respond. I'm sorry but I don't have access to my kits so cannot give you a 100% factual answer but I'm 99% sure the correct plug spanner is knurled as shown in the manual. I don't have a length for you but hopefully someone can provide this
Dementors
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Joe, the original bags were foam padded and said "HONDA" on them.  the back side of bag had a little pocket to hold the valve clearance gauges.

Joe K

• View Profile
Hi Steve,

OK great.  I have the original bag then.  And it is in perfect shape.

Thank you,
Joe K.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Joe,
The file I have measures 110mm, but I have a small chip on the end by the hole, so I hope others weigh in. I had to go through several kits to find one mostly intact. I do not have a pristine contact file. The tang and the file face potions are equal lengths between the heel.
DW

Joe K

• View Profile
Thanks again, DW.  You're a big help.

Joe K.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Joe,
The file I have measures 110mm, but I have a small chip on the end by the hole, so I hope others weigh in. I had to go through several kits to find one mostly intact. I do not have a pristine contact file. The tang and the file face potions are equal lengths between the heel.
DW

Duane, if/when you've a free moment, could you post a pic of the original file.  i don't think i've seen an original file since 4779 was stolen August, 1971.  Thanks in advance.

Joe K

• View Profile
Does anyone have any idea why there is a tiny hole in the top part of the file?

Joe K.