Honda CB750 Sandcast

1969 Complete Tool Kit

Joe K · 45 · 7989

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello,

Can somebody who has the original 1969 complete tool kit please take a photo of it so I can see what is included?  I think I have everything now but I just want to make sure.  Also does anyone know what the file is supposed to be used for?

Thank you,
Joe K.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed, but worth noting that the driver handle should be red in colour, not black.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Joe K

• View Profile
Thank you, guys.  Points file now makes sense.  I will need to get a copy of the parts book so I can look it over.  I will attach a photo in a few days that shows my set.  I do have the red handle.

Joe K.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Joe,
Here are two photos from an old 1969 CB750 Owners Manuel date 10-69 for your reference. Should answer your question on the number of items and correct tools included in the tool kit for the Sandcast bikes, not the best photos. As Chris stated, handle should be red. There are two different version (maybe more) of these handles with different Honda logos on them.
Best,
DW

Joe K

• View Profile
Thank you, DW.  That parts list and photo of the tools will help me and anyone else looking for the complete tool kit.  I did find on Ebay inexpensive file kit with a similar looking file and also tappet gauges.  The file kit was $6 and the feeler gauges are $1.65.  It's a good idea for anyone that doesn't have the complete tool kit but want something close.  I have attached the links in case anyone is interested in doing the same.  I noticed in the parts photo shows the file with a tiny hole in the top center.  I wonder what that was for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191269575570?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172633908840?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Joe K.

Don R

• View Profile
 I have the red handle but it wasn't in the kit. I'll swap it in there. Thanks for the info on the feelers and files. I'm watching so I won't lose them.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
you can also buy these items from other model CB models so in your search include the other models from 68 to 72
Yabba Dabba KP

Joe K

• View Profile
Yes KP is right.  I have found all of the original parts by looking at CB 350, 450, 550 & 750.  I have even seen the original file, feeler gauges, new red screwdriver handle, etc.  Not hard to do and can run a couple of hundred dollars because you will need to get a few tool kits to complete a correct Sandcast tool kit.

Joe K.

Don R

• View Profile
 Was the correct sandcast shock wrench the flat stamped one or the cast one with the raised edge?

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cast one is the shock wrench of choice for a Sandcast owner  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

Joe K

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

Attached is a photo of my "sort of complete" sandcast tool kit.  I can make it 100% complete but then I would need to spend about $300 to $400 purchasing a few tool kits to get the original tools I need. 

The tools that are not original or correct using numbers from the Parts Book and shown by photos provided by DW69K0 in the thread above:

15. Thickness gauges.  But I do have aftermarket .05mm & .08mm.

14. File.  Aftermarket.

6. Spark plug wrench.  Mine doesn't have the "checkering" grip at the end.

4. 8mm x 12mm open wrench.  This is the new version without the Honda logo.

16. Tool bag.  It looks like the photo on the parts list is a flat plastic bag.  Mine is the padded version.  I like my version but it very possibly is not correct.

Joe K.
13. Handle: for axle wrench.  Mine is the correct length, but it came with another set and is not correct bend.  I am going to use a vise to bend it more correctly and drill a hole.  This is temporary until I can get the correct one.

Joe K

• View Profile
Attaching again.  First time didn't work for some reason.