Honda CB750 Sandcast

Looks a Treat

kp · 15 · 2404

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Any comments on this If the description and pictures are correct this is as good as I've seen for sale Very nice indeed
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Honda-CB-/192193767898?hash=item2cbfa429da:g:0HUAAOSw0hlZIftC&vxp=mtr&autorefresh=true
Yabba Dabba KP

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed,
Hard to imagine a better more original low mileage unmolested example. Only the carb tops stand out as having been changed - but that was a dealer recall item anyway I believe.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
the length of the hex of the oil filter cover bolt is interesting.  looks long to me.....?  but original in appearance.....

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
Very interesting bike. Has all the stuff a restorer use to get a brainstorm of before they are found. Really hope the future owner keeps it as it is.
As Chris says, carbtops and throttlecable are probably changed by the dealer at first service. The oilfilter cover bolt is a later with 12 mm head instead of original 14 mm head. Theese 14 mm heads gave too much power at fastening so they changed to 12 mm head and I suppose this also was made at the first service.
Looking forward to what happends at end of auction.
Bo from Sweden

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
what is remarkable about this vin, from what i've looked at, appears to have all the later small parts on it, not earlier type parts as one could expect to see on -500 vins. 

i will always feel frame 1865 with the "steering damper" gusseting was quite the outlier.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi!
Very interesting bike. Has all the stuff a restorer use to get a brainstorm of before they are found. Really hope the future owner keeps it as it is.
Looking forward to what happends at end of auction.
Bo from Sweden
Hey Bo, Given you're an avid collector maybe you should be the next owner  :o
Yabba Dabba KP

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
Would love to buy it but my old garage is quite filled so I need to jump over stuff all the time. At yearchange my new garage will be finished and hopefully at least another two of my projects. My visit in USA gotanother 4 bikes and above that 3 from UK. I need more time until there is space for more bikes. What I mean, I'm not gonna bid on this one.
I wish the bike a suitable new home, Bo from Sweden.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
$25k at 24 hours to run. Reserve not met but then I think it's easily worth $30k+ given the current market prices for early bikes these days.
The last minute at auction will decide the price I spose
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i suggest this bike is the most unmolested, clean original bike to be on ebay in the last 16 years i've had an account on ebay.  the exception to this bike wold be the 6xxx vin with 400 miles that Vic sold a few years back.  if the bike meets reserve, i am sure it will have a good home.  as far as $30k being the possible value, KP, i am sure you are very much in the ballpark.  the bike looks every bit a home run.  wonder when we'll see another comparable.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Indeed. Not meeting bids of at least $30k is surprising. There are very few LOW frame number bikes around and that bike looks to be a Gem. The biggest problem for me when buying stuff from the US is the exchange rate. For me to even consider buying this bike I would have to find AUS$40k+ to bid at US$30k. This is very true of most currencies throughout the world. The US$ is way out of whack with most currencies and I think that the big prices would be seen from either Japanese or European bidders. Australian bidders are very much into these bikes but the exchange rate has tempered buying over the last few years. My thoughts anyway
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I agree !00% KP. With the exchange rate I buy very little from the USA now and I can almost throw a stone to them....
[size=

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
did that sell for $ 26.100 ? What a bargain!
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com