Honda CB750 Sandcast

HM300

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
All I can say to $5500  :o for flawed pipes. I think this fellow is dreaming IMHO
Yabba Dabba KP

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Makes me feel good about what I paid for mine :)
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
seller probably has been talking with the man from planet Mars....... ?  Flat out f'n nuts is about all i have to say.  

did later production "K0" bikes come with HM300's from the factory ?  if they did, they would have been the same HM300 units as the early K1's.  i seem to remember the early HM300's had no relief on the #3 pipe and other subtle differences from the later HM'300's.  

Albeit, oem, being these HM's are post-1971 replacement exhaust of the "paragraph" type, they won't be correct for any "K0" and K1 that came out of the factory during that era.

the bar code was first seen on packages of Wrigley's chewing gum in 1974.  i doubt Honda was using the bar code in 1974.  for some reason i seem to think Honda didn't come out with paragraph HM300's until the early 80's.  i seem to remember there is a date within the paragraph.....  

Who knows or has a picture of the paragraph verbiage ?

DW69K0

• View Profile
The verbiage on the paragraphs states, the exhaust should be used on pre-1983 motorcycles. Some early H300 were fitted to 70 K0 models with higher Vin number, I believe +30,00o Vin's had H300s on them.
DW

4pots1969

• View Profile
If they had been without paragraph and without embossing, so before 1983 there I think he might have sold them at that price... Uli has successfully sold its HM300 exhaust systems in France for 3,000 euros...
There was also this surreal sale on the site Yamiya which is not far from the $5,500.00 if we add customs taxes and shipping costs... :o :o

http://www.yamiya750.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=246_251_142_88&products_id=3629
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:36:06 am by 4pots1969 »

DW69K0

• View Profile
The crazy aspect with these H300 paragraph pipes, was the fact that 4 years ago you could find complete sets for $1,300 USD. Still a crazy price for these exhaust sets IMHO.
DW

4pots1969

• View Profile
I bought a first set HM300 in September 2009 for 980,00 euros taxes and port included and I had the very good intuition to order a second set in October of the same year ...

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
There are times when one would buy a repop part over a genuine and to me this is one of those times. Those later pipes are just as Steve stated; so far from an original that they don't apply as being any more suited to a Sandcast than is a HM341 pipe.
I will use a genuine part over any repop part but the genuine part must be the same specs as the original. However, I find many of the so called genuine replacement parts don't meet the same specs as the original and can be so far off spec it is hard to imagine them as genuine. If it doesn't look like a duck and quack like a duck then it's probably a goose
I'm going to borrow a phrase Donald Trump uses regularly and describe these parts as "Fake Parts"  ;)
Yabba Dabba KP