Honda CB750 Sandcast

New member from the Bay Area

acruz

• View Profile
Wayne thanks for letting me join this awesome forum.  I'm relatively new to the hobby and have been buying old Honda motorcycles for the past 3 years.  I started with a 1977 CB550 and from then on caught the bug.   I have had a number of bikes and love meeting the people in the hobby.  Lately though I have been into sandcast 750's and CB750 K0.  I have had a sandcast frame with an unstamped engine which I ended up selling - big mistake! I recently found a sandcast engine for $75 - it was #646.  The engine needed a lot of work and I ended up selling that as well.   I did not think it was fair to the hobby for me to keep it if I wasn't able to rebuild the engine.  This past sunday however, I ran into a CL ad for a chopper with a sandcast engine.  It was only on CL for about 3 hours.  I called up the guy and he sold it to me, so I have engine #2184.  This engine is in much better shape.  All the fins are in good shape.  The engine has compression and cranks over.  Finding this engine has given me some encouragement that some day I will have my very own Sandcast.  Prior to this find, I have been buying up 1970 CB750 K0 bikes all over the US.  I found a gold one in Santa Cruz, a Blue/green one Wisconsin, and another blue/green one in Maryland all within the past month.  And even today I found bought another K0 in Michigan.  

My stable to date  
1969 CB750 K0
1970 CB750 K0 Gold
1970 CB750 K0 Blue/green
1970 CB750 K0 Blue/green
1971 CB750 K1
1971 CB750 K1
1983 CB1100F
1986 VF1000R
1986 GSXR1100
2014 MV Agusta F3-675
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 01:34:02 am by acruz »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Wellcome ..... (?) from Europe,

seems you are seriously infected by the KO virus.
Are you restorring them?

Good luck in finding the correct frame to your sc engine!
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

acruz

• View Profile
Hey Sgt.Pinback. Yeah I did catch the K0 virus. It's almost as bad as the cb1100F virus. At one point Last year I had 7 cb1100F. Now I'm down to 2 cb1100F bikes. Same goes for the vf1000r bikes. Now I'm into the K0's. I just love their classic looks and history.
As far as restoring the K0- I'd  love to restore a few of them. The 69' is rough but it has almost everything there.  The engine is stuck so I'll need to pull it.  I have one blue/green or teal bike with all newly painted tank, air box, and side covers. It just needs a nice set of hm300 and a seat. That one is almost done.
The goldie needs work but it runs. I would like to get a painted set from yamiya, and redo the seat.  I would love to restore this bike as well.