Honda CB750 Sandcast

Front foot pegs

4pots1969

• View Profile
Why the front foot pegs K0 do not have a good 90° angle ?
And when we put them on the frame bolted with the motor shaft they are crooked...
I took the picture of a sale on Ebay and it is the same ?

I also have K1 and they are not good either ??? ???
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:52:00 pm by 4pots1969 »

4pots1969

• View Profile
Difficult to explain that with a translator...
Because the words he translates do not match, I think I'm going to fire him !! lol ;D ;D

In fact one might think they are crooked...But no, because all foot rest are like that and especially that of the right.

Since the angle of the forged support is not 90° and especially for the right one, they are not perpendicular to the frame, they go forward because the angle of the support is too open about 15°.
I marked a 90° angle on the photo.

How to recognize a K0 support from a K1 support? (for those who do not know)
Well it's simple, the small triangular tip that serves as a stop to prevent the support to turn is forged in the mass of the support on a K0, and on a support of K1, this small triangular part is added on with a weld...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 05:09:42 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Difficult to explain that with a translator...
Because the words he translates do not match, I think I'm going to fire him !! lol ;D ;D

In fact one might think they are crooked...But no, because all foot rest are like that and especially that of the right.

Since the angle of the forged support is not 90° and especially for the right one, they are not perpendicular to the frame, they go forward because the angle of the support is too open about 15°.
I marked a 90° angle on the photo.

How to recognize a K0 support from a K1 support? (for those who do not know)
Well it's simple, the small triangular tip that serves as a stop to prevent the support to turn is forged in the mass of the support on a K0, and on a support of K1, this small triangular part is added on with a weld...

Gerard, in my humble opinion, what i noticed immediately was both the right hand supports are bent.  in the past, i encountered this same problem. 

4pots1969

• View Profile
It is normal that the support have an open angle of about 100° because it is for ease of placement of the foot relative to the brake pedal and the speed selector...
I just modified the one on the right, where the pivot is fixed because was not right at the time of welding.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:52:53 am by 4pots1969 »