Honda CB750 Sandcast

Steering head stop

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Here are pics of the steering head stop from my sandcast and from my diecast KO

Does anybody know when this area was  changed with that aditional "brace"?

Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

DW69K0

• View Profile
K0 frame #20410 still has the brace in photo 1, as do all my Sandcast frames, I have 4 higher numbered K0 frames that I will check when I get to my shop.
Hope that helps,
DW

DW69K0

• View Profile
Checked several other K0 frame heads, 30138 & 35179 both have the same steering stop brace as shown in photo 1. Curious now to what frame VIN number photo 2 belongs?
DW

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile

DW69K0

• View Profile
So I went and checked both of my 1971 K1 bikes , 641XX and 747xx and they both have the same steering stop as photo 1, not sure why your 18907 K0 is different, could US bike and European bike be different?
DW

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
That was my thought too when reading your VINs.

18907 is a German K0.

Thanks for input.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
My mates #92xx diecast has this cover too.

Both are German spec. K0s.

Maybe only German bikes had it?

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
The german bikes has a quite different lock than general export bikes has. The german bikes has a Neiman lock and you cant use general export locks on german bikes.
My sandcast #5119/5065 is a german bike with a Neiman lock and so is also my K0 in the 35.000 range.
Kind regards, Bojje

DW69K0

• View Profile
Please post some pictures of a Neiman lock, I would love to know more and learn about this unique feature.
Thanks much,
DW

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Hi!
The german bikes has a quite different lock than general export bikes has. The german bikes has a Neiman lock and you cant use general export locks on german bikes.
My sandcast #5119/5065 is a german bike with a Neiman lock and so is also my K0 in the 35.000 range.
Kind regards, Bojje

Thats right. All German CB750 have those Neiman locks.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Honda-CB-750-Four-K0-K6-Lenkschlos-Lenkradsperre-lock-steering-handle-Neiman-/291785514149?hash=item43efc59ca5:m:mjJXz5y7x6Bsp9RUCKdxHrA

(Andy Cepok says: German AND Netherland)

As far as I know, those were changed be HONDA Germany when the bikes arrived here in Germany.
So, although not tested by me, they should be interchangeable.

Those Neiman locks are the reason, why we always had two different keys.

Bojje:

does your German sandcast (I didnīt knew there were German sandcast. That would be realy rare with German blinkers, rear light...) has the recessed ignition switch? Or did they change both, the ignition switch and the steering lock for German bikes?

Another difference: German bikes have the VIN stamp on steering head on the right side.

Bojje: does your German sandcast has the VIN on the right side and this stop - cover on the frame head tube as my diecast?

Interresting discussion. Would like to know if French or Netherland bikes have that stop-cover as well.

I assume, Germany, Netherland and E.D. bikes as they have another frame part number in parts loist.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:55:20 am by Sgt.Pinback »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
.... sorry, double
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:41:43 am by Sgt.Pinback »

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
As the steering lock (Neiman) was used in Germany and Netherlands, with this oval (not round) cover, the lower bridge (stem) is different too with a different parts number.

Will post a pic of the lower clamp later.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Here is a pic from the Neiman steering lock in lower clamp of my German K0

bojje

• View Profile
Hi.
Now I'checked my german/dutch #5119/5065. Germany wasnt very intersted in these japanese bikes in 1969 so about 15 bikes in the 5000-range went to sweden and all equipped as german/dutch. I have made pictures of the framehead but unfortunately I dont know how to post them. They where equipped as followig (what I remember) as this:
Km speedo
Pilot lamp and throttlegrip whit a "p" between high and low beam
Framenumber on right side of framehead.
Alloyplate riveted on left side on framehead with information in german
Steelguard above steeringstop. I expect as theftprotection.
Neimanlock with metalcover.
110 mm fromt winkerstems
Small winkers
Hughe black taillight mounted with 4 bolts (like K3,4,5 and 6) with winkermount, reflector down below, round taillight with yellow stoplight.
Exhaustpipes stamped HM CB750 with diffusers with smaller outlet.
I think I've remembered everything and if someone will help me I can send photos to show the german/dutch equippment, just let me know who.
Kind regards, Bo or as we say in Europe Bojje.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Great info, thank you! Now that's really rare.

Yes, that protection is theft protection. Learned that from your German mate, Franz. Phoned with him the other day.

a lot of fans wanted them here, but been told there are a only handful German/Dutch spec. sandcast that came here to Germany.
There was one offered on mobile.de two or three years ago.

Great info that those sandcast already had the HMCB750 pipes. That proofs what I always say: no HM300 ever in Germany.

Does she have the recessed ignition switch?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 01:54:03 am by Sgt.Pinback »