Honda CB750 Sandcast

Rear Fender Chrome Shop?

Sam · 5 · 2664

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I have a correct rear fender for my K0, but I need to have the existing old chrome removed, a small hole filled, a small dent fixed and have it re-chromed. Living in California seems to be the wrong place for that sort of thing; two of the shops I have used in the past are ow out of business! Does anyone have a suggestion for a singe shop that could do all of this? Anywhere in the USA is fine with me, but a recommendation from someone who has used the shop is what I am after.

Thanks!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608

Don R

• View Profile
 The chrome shop rock Island Illinois. They have a web site. They have done stripping of aluminum and chromed a rolled rim for me. Came out very nice. I think new K1 rear fenders are available if that would work.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I have a correct rear fender for my K0, but I need to have the existing old chrome removed, a small hole filled, a small dent fixed and have it re-chromed. Living in California seems to be the wrong place for that sort of thing; two of the shops I have used in the past are ow out of business! Does anyone have a suggestion for a singe shop that could do all of this? Anywhere in the USA is fine with me, but a recommendation from someone who has used the shop is what I am after.

Thanks!

I don't know a plating/polishing shop who would do the weld and dent repairs.  removing dents is not difficult at all if you've a couple different types of body hammers and dollies and a shot bag.  just gently tap, tap tap from the center, then go to the reverse side to remove any of the high spots.  a file can be used for final removal of any high spots.  i've had great luck removing dents from some pretty rough parts.  chrome shops do their own polishing work in prep for the plating process; they can remove any of the last imperfections left from dent removal.  you don't have a competent welder in your area ?

i know a man in my nearby area, i would highly recommend for polishing and plating, he's done all my ferrous metals work including pot metal.  his work is superb; he takes work for select customers, if you want, i can ask him if you can contact him.  

I also know a local man, he does body work, he's been at it now for 30+ years, there is no finer.  he's so good he turned down a job offer to work for an internationally known Bugatti restorer in our area.  if you're interested, i could give you his name and phone number for you could call him.  he's done work for me on my different/numerous projects.

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Steve,

I have done dent repair in the past. These days, I have very little free time (4 year old daughter and an 18 month old startup). I'd love to have the contact info of the guys you mentioned. Thanks!
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608