Honda CB750 Sandcast

Rear mudguard

CB75014

• View Profile
Hi,

Some bikes have the tail light not really horizontal when you see the profile. So I would say that it's not the good part.

Wrong or right ?

Have a good day.

Jean-Jacques

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The 69 and 70 K0s certainly have a very flimsy (if I can use that description) tail light mounting that was little improved in the K1 model. The tendency to look odd I think comes from the poorly designed rubber mounts which located the mount to the rear guard and given only 2 mounting bolts were used, proved it wasn't the most secure of fittings. Certainly a poor design which was rectified in later models. The English mounts I think were much more robust which Ash or Chris may be able to comment on. I have several used rear mudguards (fenders) which have slight depressions where the tail lights mount. Others may wish to add
Yabba Dabba KP

CB75014

• View Profile

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Have to agree with what KP says.
The early US type two bolt lamp bracket mount and 3 bolt (KI) fenders are invariably dented beneath the mounting rubber. Pretty well any knock of the lamp itself will cause a dent / depression in the fender. UK type bikes (and some European markets I believe) used a black painted lamp bracket similar to the US K2 - K6 type which is mounted via four bolts. Much more substantial and resistant to damage.

Chris R
Chris R.
302/338