Honda CB750 Sandcast

Carburetors series number

CB75014

• View Profile
Hi,

I met a guy who have restored several K0 and K2. He told me that the carburetors have a series number marked on them.

I have never read anything about that. Someone knows about that ?

Thks

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Carb bodies do carry an identifier on them (right side top of front flange from memory).
CB750 should be marked B750A, K1 marked 7A, K2-3 marked 657A, K4-5 marked 657B, K6 marked 086A, etc. Numbers from observations on my own sets.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

vnz00

• View Profile
There's also a casting number inside the float area on each carb body (on the earlier carbs at least).  I think this is '316'.

tomcourtney

• View Profile
There is also the raised dimples cast into the carb bodies on cable carbs, these are located on the ends just above the float bowls. the early carbs have none then later carbs have one then later again two on one side, then 3 and later again 4 with two on each side,  also the early breather fitting were different and they had 28 raised on the lids TC
I sold my first Sandcast and regretted it till I bought it back 6958/7149, its taken a few years to get a couple more 6946/7169, and 6970/E6956

Don R

• View Profile
 5511 has one dimple above the bowl right side, 14,100 has one on the right side, approx. 10xxx one right side, 38,xxx two left side. There was a discussion on facebook and I checked.