Honda CB750 Sandcast

EARLY MASTER CYLINDER CAPS

kp · 12 · 2158

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
A few years back I acquired frame 28 and it came with the original hand made master cylinder cap. At the time I also owned frame 248 which also had one of these hand made caps but it was damaged. So I decided to see if these could be reproduced to original. There is much speculation as to what frame numbers came with these caps fitted but, I can say that my frame 248 had one of these caps. I heard the first 10 bikes only had these caps but frame 28 and frame 248 has put paid to that theory. What bikes had them I'm not able to say but my guess is they were fitted to at least the first hundred and probably sprinkle fitted to anything after that.
Anyway, after much searching I found an anal machinist whose mission for that year was to replicate this cap, and after a fair amount of time and cash I ended up with a dozen or so billet caps. I've sold probably over half of these to members and friends and have a few left for sale. This lot was made by hand and if I recall cost me around $200 per cap no allowance for anodising
Pictured is an original cap, a cast cap as well as the final billet caps. The picture shows these without anodise but I've had them all anodised. I was intending to keep what I have left and really don't know why, maybe my hoarding nature I guess. Anyway, if anyone is interested I've decided part with the remainder of those I have. Remember these are all hand made (CNC machines were not available in 1969), so come with machining marks for free.
If you are interested let me know but they're not cheap KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
A few years back I acquired frame 28 and it came with the original hand made master cylinder cap. At the time I also owned frame 248 which also had one of these hand made caps but it was damaged. So I decided to see if these could be reproduced to original. There is much speculation as to what frame numbers came with these caps fitted but, I can say that my frame 248 had one of these caps. I heard the first 10 bikes only had these caps but frame 28 and frame 248 has put paid to that theory. What bikes had them I'm not able to say but my guess is they were fitted to at least the first hundred and probably sprinkle fitted to anything after that.
Anyway, after much searching I found an anal machinist whose mission for that year was to replicate this cap, and after a fair amount of time and cash I ended up with a dozen or so billet caps. I've sold probably over half of these to members and friends and have a few left for sale. This lot was made by hand and if I recall cost me around $200 per cap no allowance for anodising
Pictured is an original cap, a cast cap as well as the final billet caps. The picture shows these without anodise but I've had them all anodised. I was intending to keep what I have left and really don't know why, maybe my hoarding nature I guess. Anyway, if anyone is interested I've decided part with the remainder of those I have. Remember these are all hand made (CNC machines were not available in 1969), so come with machining marks for free.
If you are interested let me know but they're not cheap KP

"They're not cheap," but boy are they ever beautiful!  Worth every penny when needed for the right bike!  I like mine a lot.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

4pots1969

• View Profile
In fact, they have nothing for them your master cylinder caps KP...
They are expensive and in addition they are fake...... ;D ;D :D :D ;)
But I must admit that the one who did them did a very very good job !! :o :o
I like these caps !!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 10:57:19 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's AUS$ so $US would be less.
Yep, as fake as a pair of Kardashian's tits but they do look mighty fine, no matter what angle  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I finally dug out the box I had these caps in. Photos attached
Yabba Dabba KP

42barab

• View Profile
Would these caps be correct for 2659?  If so and if still available, please reply here or PM cost.  Thanks.  J

42barab

• View Profile
If not correct for 2659, can anyone post a pic of the correct one or provide a part number?  Seems to a wide range of versions available from different vendors.  J

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
This cap is not correct for your bike. Your cap will look similar but will be made from a casting rather than a billet There should be pictures on the site somewhere
Yabba Dabba KP