Honda CB750 Sandcast

PP Brighton Bike to be auctioned in UK..On Facebook spotted by James Harrington

ashimotok0 · 114 · 15934

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi my friends!
I have made a bunch of photos of ”odd” details found on E43 during my restore. These photos will be posted in about a week. Since my next sandcast is picked-up I can tell you I will get 31/66 to sweden in a month. I have all wrong parts in stock to bring it backt what it was from beginning. However, I am going to keep it as a running patina-bike. I will also post some pictures of #180/302 and #388/407 since all are of the range 19- litres, early gauges and so on.
Be patient, pictures comes, Bo.

Fantastik!  Bravissimo!  Fantastic!  Fantastisch! 

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Fantastik!  Bravissimo!  Fantastic!  Fantastisch! 
You forgot Sandtastic Jimmy 😊
Great Bo. You’ve made some interesting finds my friend. KP
Yabba Dabba KP

Gregg

• View Profile
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m no expert but I agree with some of the earlier comments about the values of the production bikes going up in a significant way. As I watched the action, I noticed it was not typical auction with two or three bidders with egos duking it out. There were many bidders in rapid fire progression from $70,000 right up to its selling price. There was a huge interest in this bike. But there are only two or three pre production examples out there. The next best thing is the first production VIN in existence to the last sandcast built, pretty much but not necessarily in that order. They are great bikes to own and they aren’t making any more of them. So far there hasn’t been a lot of public hype about the record sale price but as the news oozes out the interest in the production bikes should go up. I have seen at places like Barrett Jackson when a highly collectible car like a highly optioned camaro goes for a stunning price, it always seems to bring up the prices of the more run of the mill camaros. It’s kind of an apples and oranges analogy but it seems when people can’t get the best, they will usually pony up a little more for what they can get, in this case, any sandcast bike that becomes available. But who knows, that’s just my opinion. Sorry for being a little wordy.
Gregg

DW69K0

• View Profile
Great article Ash!
Look at the tank trim, never notice this before, looks just like the K1-k6 trim. PP2113 & PP2110 both came with this style trim, then it disappeared for several years. Interesting.
DW

4pots1969

• View Profile
Here are some pictures at the moment the 2113 was found, unpublished for some I think...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:21:17 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here is an article on the sale of PP2110 from Hemming's Motor News.
Wonder what PP2113 would bring at auction today?
DW
Interesting Duane. That should generate some interest in Sandcasts given this is the publication most collectors read
Yabba Dabba KP