Honda CB750 Sandcast

uk sancast meet

madjack4

• View Profile
Hi is there any interest in getting as many sandcasts together at one of the uk shows this year ? any ideas ?

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good idea - personally. I prefer events that I can ride into, although I suspect I am in the minority in actually putting miles on one these days.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

madjack4

• View Profile
Hi lets see if we get anymore interest i would prefer to ride there too ,lets face it thats what they made to do so come on lets hear from the uk sandcast owners see how many we can get together owners interested please post a reply thanks Rob Nicholson

bojje

• View Profile
 Re: uk sancast meet
« Reply #3 on Jan 16, 2010, 4:35am »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi! Please tell me when you intend to meet up at a meeting in UK and I´ll see if it´s possible for me to meet up there riding one of my sandcasts.
Bo in Sweden 

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
i think a honda cb750 bike meet would be great ,if not just too celebrate its forty years in the u.k. as you know rip of britain was one of the last countries too get the cb750(1970)

Riccardo

• View Profile
Big idea.
Please let me know when.
I'll try to come with or w/o the bike.
Riccardo from Italy
Riccardo
Your Italian friend.
737/940 Restored
1081/1362 Preserved
1256/665 Restored - ex Owner: Chris R.
10253/10315 (K0) Next project
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III low ign cover - Restored
1969 - Kawasaki H1 Mach III high ign cover - Restored
1971 - Kawasaki H1A - Restored
1973 - Kawasaki H1D - Preserved
1973 - Kawasaki Z1 Blackhead - Restored
1971 - Norton Commando SS - Preserved
1978 - Honda CBX - Unmolested Museum Quality
1988 - Honda CB 400SS - Unmolested
1997 - BMW R80 GS Basic - blue frame - Museum Quality
2007 - BMW HP2 Megamoto - blue frame - New

madjack4

• View Profile
Hi there seems to be a bit of interest in a uk sandcast meet has anybody got any sugestions on a venue please can we try to get a place in the midlands so its not too far for all thanks

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Keep up the good work !

Your efforts will pay off and be very rewarding !

Your pictures of the meet will be perfect for the UK and European News Sections.

Keep us posted !

bojje

• View Profile
Hi again! I suggest you Rob and Chris are the people to work it out together, we from other countries are only able to visit your arrangement. I´m looking forward to meet you from UK and Chris who I´ve met before.
Bo from Sweden

harald

• Harald
    • View Profile
Sounds like a good idea I am interested, I live in Denmark, only 2 hours drive from Bojje in Sweden. I can go together with Bojje on my Sandcast. Where in UK are you thinking of?
Harald Falkentoft

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Possible venues:-
The Stafford show in October
Uttoxeter in July
Stanford Hall classic buike clubs event in May
Lotherton Hall in July.
The first 2 are larger events, with plenty else for people to see, but are much more "formal" with attendant costs, etc.
The last too are more casual one day events.

Having been fortunate to have attended the mid-Ohio meeting last July, and being even more fortunate to know the people that made it happen (and what a fantastic event it was), there is undoubtedly a huge amount of effort required to make something formal happen on a "major show" scale. Volunteers please step forward!!

For UK "casual" meetings, depending on where in the country people are, there are the usaul haunts such as the Ace Cafe, "Squires" at Sheburn-in-Elmet, and many many others.

Any one up North fancy meeting up at Squires some time, let me know - 30 miles up the road for me.

Just throwing a few venues around at this time - personally, I would want to be able to "ride in" - as I don't do vans!
Chris R.
302/338