Honda CB750 Sandcast

2017 Race Results

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
As if 2110 being up for public auction in 2018 isn't enough, i thought i'd post what part of summer 2017 was like for me.  My son, Corbin returned to road racing at the state level after an 12 year layoff (life happens.)  Racing's expensive, so instead of running the 600 class, he decided run the 250 Production class.  250 class is basically stock bikes, can change rear shock, 1/4 turn throttle, exhaust, gearing, and that's about it.  He was fortunate, able to get sponsorship with Rocky Mountain Kawasaki, in Longmont, Colorado.  He rides the bike, we share management of the bike, and i manage the pit.  He had a good season.  

Broke the track record at Pike's Peak International Raceway.   He is less than 2/10ths of one second off track record at High Plains Raceway, so capturing that track record is our 2018 goal.  and maybe another track record at another track.  we shall see.

Won the 2017 season 250 championship.  Corbin is fun to watch.

some pics

acruz

• View Profile
Cool.  Congrats to your son! Corbin sounds pretty fast.  My boys are still young but I hope to get them their own motorcycles one day. However,  it's my 7 year old daughter who likes to be in the garage with me. 

Gregg

• View Profile
Congratulations to Team Swan. Corbin looks proud holding up his trophies and his dad should be proud too. Sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck this year.

4pots1969

• View Profile
It's great Steve :) ;) you can be proud of your son Corbin..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:34:03 am by 4pots1969 »

Nap Bollemeijer

• View Profile
Congratulations to you both, must be really rewarding to have a common hobby and succes.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Thank you Nap, Gerard, and Gregg.  Managing the pit, and machine with a rider full of adrenaline and desire takes practice, patience and perseverance for both of us.  We both know we are fortunate to be able do this together and share each of ourselves in the experience.  We are getting ready for the 2018 season and will keep you up to date.

Don R

• View Profile
   Two of my Daughters had Jr. Dragsters and raced each other in four final rounds. The middle one still drives our 8.90/175 mph Super Comp Car, We finished fourth in our point series, two years ago third. There isn't much else like teaming up to win a race or challenge for a championship. Congrats on an awesome season. We plan to take it all this year. L0L! 
   Wide open it pulls 3 G's on the launch and has run 7.40's at 182mph.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
   Two of my Daughters had Jr. Dragsters and raced each other in four final rounds. The middle one still drives our 8.90/175 mph Super Comp Car, We finished fourth in our point series, two years ago third. There isn't much else like teaming up to win a race or challenge for a championship. Congrats on an awesome season. We plan to take it all this year. L0L! 

Pictures...?  please  ;D

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

WOW  :o Now that is cool indeed. I know Steve is proud of Corbin, who is a very talented young man indeed, so I expect you are also a proud dad. Good on those girls
Here are a couple of local ladies who I love to see win
https://www.streetmachine.com.au/features/1712/australias-queen-of-speed-rachelle-splatt-interview
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0ahUKEwj__ITB2ZPZAhWJC8AKHYbgASAQFgg-MAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxsports.com.au%2Fmotorsport%2Fdrag-racing-kelly-bettes-becomes-first-woman-to-run-300mph-500kmh-in-australia%2Fnews-story%2F9fdcbbe07c29419f04aa5deb48975292&usg=AOvVaw0Ek0yKGjGSO7PUIgk3suI_
Yabba Dabba KP

Don R

• View Profile
 We made a run at the Midwest Super Comp Series championship this year, we actually led the points for an hour or so. We ended up in second place. In the late season I changed from a dominator carb to a Holley Sniper EFI. Everyone said it was a bold move for someone in fourth place but we did that already and were set on a win. At the last race we made it to the final round but a rocker arm bolt backed out and she shut it off right after the launch. 
 We drew a former champion in a borrowed car at 3 races and he got past us twice. At the last race he finally got stomped. I was worried I got too happy on the starting line when we beat him. Didn't want to offend his car owner, he said it was OK they understood. My Daughter won Sportsperson of the year and I got Crewchief of the year at the banquet.