Honda CB750 Sandcast

Kickshaft

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
I hope I will succeed attaching my Pictures, we will see when I post this topic.
I have found two different kinds of kickshafts. If you look at the Pictures you will find at E302 there is a kickshaft with a bigger hole at the end, wide 7,5 mm, deep 9 mm. At kickshaft at E7414 the hole is much smaller, wide 3,5 mm, deep 4 mm. At E43 there is a smallholed shaft, at KP:s #28/122 (i hope I´m right about Enr) is also a smallholed shaft. At my E302, in one of the Pictures big hole, at E407, big hole. At E636 big hole. At E864 smallhole. All my others E1803, E2079, E3209, E5065 and as in second Picture E7414 have small holes.
My question: How come the production started with smallholed shafts, later used bigholed shafts and even later back to smallholed shafts.
Next question: Were kickshafts zinced or not zinced from beginning? I mean the outer end where the kickstarter is mounted. If you look at the pictures the bigholed kickshaft seems to have zink where the line around the shaft is, to get the bolt through for fastening the kickstarter. Otherwise I never has seen a zinced kickshaft.
Kind Regards, Bo from Sweden

bojje

• View Profile
I only got Picture of E7414 with smallholed shaft in my Topic so here comes the Picture of bigholed E302 kickshaft.
Bo

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
Here is a Picture of the zinced kickshaft at E302. Were all shafts zinced, some zinced or not zinced?
Bo