Honda CB750 Sandcast

Strange carbs

ashimotok0

• View Profile
I recently acquired these two carbs. I have no idea which model bike  they came off but one float is hand marked CB750 and their origin is possibly Honda UK's development dept. I know that the CB77 Super Hawk also used 26mm carbs but I can't think of another 60's Honda that used 26mm as my CB450K0 has vacuum carbs. The bodies/bowls have been lacquered silver. They were sold to me as 'came off an early CB750'

steff750

• THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
 ;) hi ash if you are saying they are 26 mm carbs its only the honda 750 automatic comes to mind but not the cables i dont think and there again perhaps its just the float bowl is off a 750 ?
 my best guess is they are probably off a early twin like a cb72/cb77

DW69K0

• View Profile
Ash,
The carb body on the right, looks like a rare find and may be off bike PP2110. Try to find the other three as these are very rare birds.
I am attaching a photo of PP2113 from the photos Vic World posted with sale.
Best,
Duane

DW69K0

• View Profile
Ash,
I am guessing both carb bodies are from PP2110, so find the other two, if at all possible.
Unbelievable find!
Best,
Duane

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Ash,
I am guessing both carb bodies are from PP2110, so find the other two, if at all possible.
Unbelievable find!
Best,
Duane

i believe Duane IS correct.  Those carbs will be invaluable to whoever becomes the new owner of 2110.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ash, I think Duan is correct and I’m hoping Chris R see this post. That is an amazing find indeed. If they find the pipes and any other stuff then this is a game changer for this bike being put back to original.
As for models, there are many 60s bikes fitted with the 26mm carbs They are Keihin model 697’s
Yabba Dabba KP

ashimotok0

• View Profile
What a story and great parts!

Nap .. I got a box with strange cam chain tensioners in it too. Both rollers, solid metal (not toothed) but a distinct 'small batch' manufactured look about them ..maybe development parts. They look like CB350 racer but the rollers are the same size as a 750, I believe.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice find Ash!
I had heard of CB750 early carb sets being used by the CB350 twin racing boys, which could well explain why there are just two of these carbs. This carb type was also I believe  used on an early twin cylinder road bike.
I will be back in the UK late Thursday of this week and will try and catch up soon after that.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The Keihin 26mm carbs were fitted to a number of Honda models most notably the CB 175 and CL 175 which were produced from around 1968 to ? and sold worldwide. I understand that some Yamaha models also used this carb.
Yabba Dabba KP

Nap Bollemeijer

• View Profile

Nap .. I got a box with strange cam chain tensioners in it too. Both rollers, solid metal (not toothed) but a distinct 'small batch' manufactured look about them ..maybe development parts. They look like CB350 racer but the rollers are the same size as a 750, I believe.

If you want me to take a look at it, you can email me pictures of the mystery parts.
Whether they are original Honda parts or privately made racing parts which fit Honda bikes I'm sure they can be used on more models.

DW69K0

• View Profile
The Keihin 26mm carbs were fitted to a number of Honda models most notably the CB 175 and CL 175 which were produced from around 1968 to ? and sold worldwide. I understand that some Yamaha models also used this carb.

KP,
You are correct (as always) ;D they were used from 1968 up to around 1973/74 on Honda XL models. I still find this amazing, since they are the same carb bodies used on PP2113.
Best,
DW

ashimotok0

• View Profile

If you want me to take a look at it, you can email me pictures of the mystery parts.
Whether they are original Honda parts or privately made racing parts which fit Honda bikes I'm sure they can be used on more models.

Here you go Nap. Possibly CYB350 development parts. (The bagged part is one of the CYB350 valves I got)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:26:46 pm by ashimotok0 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Here you go Nap. Possibly CYB350 development parts. (The bagged part is one of the CYB350 valves I got)

i wonder if 2110 is missing any of those parts...  sorry, but i haven't the time to look through the 2113 pics. 

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Ash, I think Duan is correct and I’m hoping Chris R see this post. That is an amazing find indeed. If they find the pipes and any other stuff then this is a game changer for this bike being put back to original.
As for models, there are many 60s bikes fitted with the 26mm carbs They are Keihin model 697’s

What a wonderful group of people with great collective knowledge!