Honda CB750 Sandcast

Front fender

bojje · 4 · 1606

bojje

• View Profile
Here is a strange thing about front fender on my #24. If you look at the front fender in the middle you will find the rivets are mounted higher than all othyer doublecut front fenders I have seen.
Bo

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi Bo, I just wanted to ask if you noticed the threaded holes on the inside of your early guards?  I’ve noticed this difference on one early Guard I have. 

I’ll try to check the rivet location too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 04:32:40 am by vnz00 »

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
Sorry to say I have not been active on the homepage lately. To be honest, I do not understand how to open topics and read them. Was easier before.
About the frontfender nuts:
I onle have one fender with rounded M6 nuts. It is the original on #24/43 with higher drilled rivets. I know #388/407 has its original doublecut and it has the oval M6 nuts. All other doublecuts, sinlecuts and no-cuts (except later K2-K6) have the oval M6 nut.
Best Regards, Bo from sweden.

DW69K0

• View Profile
Hi Bo,
I am curious, does the fender with the rivets mounted farther forward than normal, cause the rear stays to sit higher than normal? Normally the rear (bottom) fender stay is parallel with ground. When the fender with the rivets place farther is mounted does the stay sit higher than normal, not parallel with ground?
Thanks for any info on this topic.
Best,
Duane