Honda CB750 Sandcast

13xx for sale cheap

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Why would someone change the master brake cylinder?

Yes, the frame number looks very if not too clean for a non-restored bike.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 12:44:39 am by Sgt.Pinback »
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

4pots1969

• View Profile
The frame has not been repeind I think... It's just the place of the numbers that has been repainted because if you look closely there are splinters of paint around the numbers under the new paint, and for the saddle I think Steve is right and that the logo is too clean and looks a lot like a Yamiya which is darker silver gray...
I find that the gas tank bands are curiously a little too high with respect to the sharp edge...
The wrong placement of the band is clearly visible on the left side of the tank of the second picture...
The reflection of the light never deceives you...
I think this fuel tank was repeind because it had a shock badly done again in this place...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 05:58:27 am by 4pots1969 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m thinking the paint is original as the wear on the tank at the seat area is consistent with usage. A repaint wouldn’t/shouldn’t have such a wear pattern. To me the elephant in the room is the instruments and switchgear etc. I think this is a low mile original with added parts (maybe even a motor) for whatever reason. It is certainly not an unmolested bike that can command a price resembling a telephone number but given the speedo is a ring in then all else is pure speculation. Nothing wrong with a salesperson spinning a yarn, but I wonder how much the seller is not saying Given he follows this site he is reading this post and may enlighten us all or will the flying pigs 🐽 win out  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
more info here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/634919693256132/

I’m thinking the paint is original as the wear on the tank at the seat area is consistent with usage. A repaint wouldn’t/shouldn’t have such a wear pattern. To me the elephant in the room is the instruments and switchgear etc. I think this is a low mile original with added parts (maybe even a motor) for whatever reason. It is certainly not an unmolested bike that can command a price resembling a telephone number but given the speedo is a ring in then all else is pure speculation. Nothing wrong with a salesperson spinning a yarn, but I wonder how much the seller is not saying Given he follows this site he is reading this post and may enlighten us all or will the flying pigs 🐽 win out  ;D

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Waiting for answer there....
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

sandcast6223

• View Profile
For those interested here is some side by side photos of a Replica Seat Cover as compared to a original SandCast Seat
( yes the original is currently getting the forum recommended Skin So Soft Treatment , and I am getting the gears from my wife for smelling so good :D)

The original seat , was removed from a new sandcast when new and replaced with a "queen" style seat. It then spent the last 49 years in storage.

From what I see from the side by side comparison "Replica" is almost an exact match in Logo, Color design and stitching.

The font looks to be a match, and the size would be correct once it is installed.

Hope this helps someone....

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing Love that original seat
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
For those interested here is some side by side photos of a Replica Seat Cover as compared to a original SandCast Seat
( yes the original is currently getting the forum recommended Skin So Soft Treatment , and I am getting the gears from my wife for smelling so good :D)

The original seat , was removed from a new sandcast when new and replaced with a "queen" style seat. It then spent the last 49 years in storage.

From what I see from the side by side comparison "Replica" is almost an exact match in Logo, Color design and stitching.

The font looks to be a match, and the size would be correct once it is installed.

Hope this helps someone....

one thing i do not recall us discussing is the seat foam configuration of seats.  seat foam was cut in blocks, it was not a solid slab of foam.    an initial question in our learning curve on seat foam configuration could be, Were all seats foam configured in blocks?