Honda CB750 Sandcast

German diecast Ko

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Uli, the pictures and story is absolutely wonderful!  Especially the part about four guys deciding to buy bikes together, and then....  being able to bring home the bikes in crates and uncrate them at home!  Back in the day, that could still be done, but was very near the time when taking delivery of an uncrated bike was a thing of the past.  Did you ever ride a Munch Mammuth?  if so, what are they like ?  i remember as a kid reading about the Munch in magazine articles.  Dad and i talked about if there was ever to be a dealer near us, we would go look a them........  and then the CB750 came along.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
No, I didnīt had the opportunity. Had they ever been sold in USA?

The PO was a race driver in the 50th. Solo (350ccm) and side car co-driver. He gave up after they had an accident (Assen 1957 on BMW sidecar, running the world series) and his driver died.
When I picked up the K0, in the living room were all the cups and trophies he won. The inheritor was about to scrap them all. So I picked two up by chance to keep some memory.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i don't know if the Munch was ever imported in any significant number or even if at all to the USA.  if i remember correctly, the Mammuth started being in American press around 1967......, 1968 for sure.  Floyd Clymer was the big "mover and shaker" behind publicizing the Mammuth.  Clymer was trying to revive the Indian name, and had grand plans to use Velocette, Royal Enfield, a couple of Italian marques to bring back various models under the Indian name.  Clymer definitely had plans for the the Mammuth under the Indian name.  Clymer died in 1970, if i recall correctly.   here are a few links on Floyd Clymer.  i do not think i am wrong when i say Honda killed Clymer's hopes for bringing back the four cylinder Indian in Mammuth clothing.  Friedrich Munch was quite the engineer and fabricator.  Anyway......  i am veering off topic.  i find any motorcycle history interesting.

http://www.aacalibrary.org/articles/antique-automobile/who-was-floyd-clymer/

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=145

4pots1969

• View Profile
Thats me ... and 35 years ago

Super nice all these pictures of time.... Uli, I reassure you... Apart from a few hair less you are still as sexy 35 years after... :D ;) lol
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:52:32 pm by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
You are too good to me.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thats me ... and 35 years ago

Super nice Apart from a few hair less you are still as sexy 35 years after... :D ;) lol
:o
Yabba Dabba KP

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Just came home from adding a few km.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 01:20:41 pm by Sgt.Pinback »