Honda CB750 Sandcast

ORIGINAL SIDE COVER BADGES

kp · 12 · 2443

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Here's a bit of trivia. The top feather of the white wing of the Left side side cover badge touches the edge of the chrome border. The Right side cover top wing feather doesn't touch the top edge How f'n anal is that. ::)
Yabba Dabba KP

DW69K0

• View Profile
Glad you have the eagle eyes KP!  :o :o
Helps all of us to distinguish the real deal from the fakes.
Keep pointing out these details!
DW

thomas

• View Profile
Hi
I've just checked and it's true of both the black badge and the golden one.

regards
Thomas

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
Since you noticed that please tell me how long the badges with ”750” in thin numbers were used and when ”750” with thicker numbers started.
Bo

bojje

• View Profile
No answers of my question. Next week I’ll post picture with both kinds and after that looking forward to your comments.
Bo

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
No answers of my question. Next week I’ll post picture with both kinds and after that looking forward to your comments.
Bo

sorry Bo, i have no answer to that question.  if anyone would know, it could be Mr. McGovern from Australia.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You will need to post pictures Bo as I have no idea. The only major difference in badges I'm aware of is that early badges are 4mm thick whereas later badges are 3mm to 3.2mm thick The 4mm badges were evident to around Frame 3000 or so but I have no evidence of the exact cut off.
Yabba Dabba KP

bojje

• View Profile
Hi my friends!
Here are som Pictures to show what I mean. One Picture shows the differense and the other the brand new original badges I found some years ago. Look and let me know if you have any ideeas.
Bo

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Attached is a picture of a pair of NOS badges bought in 1990. One of each type.

#302's original badges are both the fatter letter type. #8054's original badges are also the fat letter type.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Bo, the packaging and badges look very odd to me. The wings tips on both badges end outside the border of the badge Something very odd. Nothing original looking about. Them Bo IMHO
Reminds me of those speedos Honda made that had the extra long speedo drive and odd rear plate.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:55:13 pm by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Bother the packaging and badges look very odd to me. The wings tips on both badges end outside the border of the badge Something very odd. Nothing original looking about. Them Bo IMHO
Reminds me of those speedos Honda made that had the extra long speedo drive and odd rear plate.

I would suggest those badges are of very recent manufacture, no doubt genuine Honda, but certainly possible not identical to badges manufactured in 1969.  The printing apppears on label appears like something a digital printer would make.  Would be interesting to know what the "DM" means.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DM denotes the badges with Gold background. The ones with black background fitted to Candy Gold coloured K0's used a "B" at the end of the part number.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338