F1966 E2074 For sale on eBay

sandcast6223

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 04:21:53 am by kp »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Not Mine ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Honda-CB/222893094739?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Good pictures in the description .....

some competition for the 13xx bike.  this one is nice looking, but has a few incorrect replacement parts on it also.  the pricing on these two machines currently on ebay seems to reflect a jump in seller's estimation of sandcast values.....?  i don't recall these kinds of asking prices in the past....?

sandcast6223

• View Profile
Steve , there was discussion on were prices would go after PP2110 sold auction for almost twice what PP2113 sold for.

The owners of the two listed on eBay today must feel that the same increase in value should apply to there Sandcasts.

It would be interesting to value what the original parts alone on these bikes would sell for on the eBay market. Tank, Seat, Carbs, Gauges, Etc.

I have been very surprised  ??? at the prices some of these items will sell for on eBay.

Sandcast_6223 (Restoring)
Sandcast_638 (Survivor)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That's a very very nice motorcycle. Michael Kiernan was (maybe still is) an Ozzie who moved to the US years ago and owns Michael's Classic Motorcycles. Most of my US motorcycle purchases were shipped through Michael via St Louis. Frame 28 was one, 248, my CBX and some others. A lot of collectors in this country owe their purchases to Michael's astute abilities.
Notice the brake pedal on this red bike has casting flash in the centre of the brake shaft clamp, from the bolt to the weld where the pedal shaft joins. This is a unique feature of the under 3000 frames bikes yet this feature is not evident on the 1374 bike.
Very nice low mile bike which should sell easily. It's also red which means it goes slightly faster than the blue ones  ;D

PS Maybe needs a few more pics from the front left side of the bike
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:55:41 am by kp »
Yabba Dabba KP

vnz00

• View Profile
KP, is that casting flash a noted difference in the sandcast distinctions? I can confirm it on my pre-2000 bike too - never knew it was a difference.

I wanted to ask if this has ever been noted too? Notice the rough-filed edge on the top two Knuckles, directly below the detent for the ball bearing?  The top two are off early 7000 Bikes.  The non filed one in the pic, on the bottom,  is from a 15000 K0.  I made the observation whilst I was cleaning up some parts.  I'm not sure if its a sandcast only feature but maybe others know?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 06:06:19 am by vnz00 »

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks Steve for the heads up. The brake pedal hasn’t been included nor has the welded rear foot peg detail. I’ll do it today.

That is interesting about the kick start clamp assembly and another detail which I don’t think has ever been reported. Maybe Bo could check on E7414 to see what detail he finds on that kick assembly.

Having 7414 as a guide is going to be a real bonus for this group. If we find another late engine with a 9+1 clutch cover we can assume that this cover changed before production end
Yabba Dabba KP