kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
$5100  :o
For a rusty frame and a set of damaged cases WOW!
Yabba Dabba KP

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
$5100  :o
For a rusty frame and a set of damaged cases WOW!

Aus $

Thats about 3.200 EURO.

Not sure, if I wouln´t have bought that if it was here in Germany.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
if this trend continues for another year or two, i am going to start believing my theory may be correct.....

And your theory.....Steve?

I’ve actually been thinking about selling mine. I don’t want to, I’m trying to sell one of my Harley’s first and some other bits I have. The first year of getting through a breakup and re-locating has put a bit of a dent in my pocketbook. Tough on a fixed income.
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
if this trend continues for another year or two, i am going to start believing my theory may be correct.....

And your theory.....Steve?

I’ve actually been thinking about selling mine. I don’t want to, I’m trying to sell one of my Harley’s first and some other bits I have. The first year of getting through a breakup and re-locating has put a bit of a dent in my pocketbook. Tough on a fixed income.

My theory, stated as a research question is:  Will the sales of 2110, and 2113 bring heightened awareness to the desirability and collector value of production model CB750 sandcast motorcycles?

Time WILL tell.

vnz00

• View Profile
We are a bit starved of Sandcasts here in Oz - the price did go high but for someone who has a K0 donor bike ready to go, it would easily add $8-10k to the value of their bike to swap it over.  I’m sure that’s why it sold as high as it did.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
We are a bit starved of Sandcasts here in Oz - the price did go high but for someone who has a K0 donor bike ready to go, it would easily add $8-10k to the value of their bike to swap it over.  I’m sure that’s why it sold as high as it did.

Steve-  don't you think time over events changes our perspective?  according to the online "inflation calculator," $5100usd today was $3500usd in 2003.  would you have paid that kind of money for a bare frame and damaged 4 digit crankcase 15 years ago?   none the less, today is today, and so we are here now.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We are a bit starved of Sandcasts here in Oz - the price did go high but for someone who has a K0 donor bike ready to go, it would easily add $8-10k to the value of their bike to swap it over.  I’m sure that’s why it sold as high as it did.
I thought the same Steve and you are probably closer to the reason it sold for what it did. When it's converted to $US then it's only US$3.9k If I had a very nice early K0, I would have bid higher for that very reason.
Yabba Dabba KP

vnz00

• View Profile
I remember the burnt out sandcast frame recently sold for c. $2k in CA.  Sure the condition of these frame and cases wasn’t great but frames seem to be the harder of the pair to find now.  Finding a matched pair (the owner mentioned that the bike was Australian delivered too which is a bonus) would be the closest a lot of people dream of over here to owning a SC.  A lot don’t have the luxury of an import network or prefer to buy locally.  A $12kusd Complete bike brought back to Australia won’t leave a lot of change from $20kaud.  KP May remember the last time a SC hit the open market here but I know it’s been a while.

Long story short, I don’t think it was too off the mark even in the US market now.  Prices have risen, definitively but I don’t think it’s just the pre-prods selling which has caused that. That magical 50th Anniversary is looming too which helps things along.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:15:13 am by vnz00 »