Honda CB750 Sandcast

Double cut fender

Michael · 10 · 3966

Michael

• View Profile
I need a double cut fender. Yamiya is currently producing none. Does anyone have experience with this replica fender from Motorcycle Seats Direct?

http://www.motorcycleseatsdirect.com/1969-Honda-cb750-cb750k0-sandcast-front-mudguard-fender/

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Both Tom Courtney and myself have purchased these copies many years back. They are all hand made and for the money they are a damn good copy. You will need to buy the black fittings and correct screws for the brackets as the screws etc are the things that are incorrect The reinforcing plates on the underside aren't spot welded from memory but it's an area one doesn't see so it shouldn't be a worry. They are a good standby until a real double cut surfaces and they do from time to time
Yabba Dabba KP

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Are those from Taiwan? I bought one of those. Came in with dimples throughout. Got another one that didn’t fit at all.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just fitted one to my "rider" sandcast. For the money it is very good. If I was to be picky, the rivets securing the blade to brace are too large, and clearly are hand drilled - they are closer to the bead one side to the other.
More than good enough for my needs on this occasion.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338

UK Pete

• View Profile
about the only cost effective option available at the moment, i hot one and its by no means perfect but i am happy to have it on my k0 not my sandcast though

Prospect

• View Profile
How much does an original double cut fender go for these days?  I remember buying one about 5 years ago for about $250
Vin 256/106

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Ouch  :'(
Yabba Dabba KP

J. Ubben

• View Profile
Hello,

I am urgently looking for an original DC Fender.
Can anyone help me?

Johann