Honda CB750 Sandcast

Scammers

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I believe it's important we know who we are dealing with and if anyone is being ripped off, to share this info with the membership.

I know an issue between members occured some time back, potentially injurious remarks were posted on the BB and i had edit the posts. It really sucked for me to have to be thrust in that position.

When we are deceived, lose money and even worse lose trust in our fellows, it flat out HURTS. Therefore, I do not believe there is anything wrong with posting on our BB the scammer or any other identifiers for that matter.

The only thing i ask, in the event of being a victim of a scam, please keep your post factual *and* don't make it personal.

This sort of factual post would probably include the identifiers and/or name of the scammer, as well as a very brief statement of how we were wronged and how, despite our requests of scammer to make it right, they would not. But no name calling or injurious remarks, PLEASE !

As a suggestion, Please make every reasonable attempt to allow the alledged scammer to make things right with you, before posting and at the same time, be sure to let us know the outcome.

Please, don't just simply write an angry post as a helpless and pissed off victim which could be deemed libel or slander, the club does not need this *nor do I.*

I guess, there are 2 rip off types, those which occur outside of the membership (i,.e., ebay, various vendors, etc) and those which may occur within our membership, heavens forbid.

About all i can say, within our membership, in any of our dealings with each other, PLEASE apply the principle of the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you want done to you."

If such a misfortune should occur within and between members, *please* attempt to settle your differences outside the BB venue. In other words, don't bring your issue to our BB, our BB is not a court nor is it a place for potential libel or slander.

If you cannot resolve a problem created between yourselves, I really do very strongly believe our BB is not the place to attempt to resolve publicly what the parties apparently are not capable of resolving privately.

Not a one of us is a judge or jury and none of us want to be in the role of arbitrator or mediator. Posting problems between members will only inflame and polarize ourselves as well as harm the club. WE (and I) DON'T NEED THAT !

If any of you have any thoughts or suggestions, please post so we can have a concensus "policy" on 'scammer management'.