Honda CB750 Sandcast

Found another one, late K0 project.

Don R · 10 · 2516

Don R

• View Profile
 I found a 6/70 K0 and got the deal done.  It's looking a bit unloved right now but has good bones and most of the hard to find parts. Single cut fender, post wrinkle tank, solid seat pan, a little rust from living in a tarp garage but most of it's polishing away.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/R2EsVBoG9ttw4AEv6
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:29:15 am by Don R »

Don R

• View Profile
 I realized something fell on the right front, probably garage rash. The tach gave it's life protecting the right turn signal.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Can’t open the pics.
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

Don R

• View Profile
 I built a tach out of leftover parts from other tachs and parts I gathered for my early diecast's gauges, cleaned the carbs a couple times and checked the timing and dwell. I rode it around a little. It has all of the gears and shifts nicely, The chrome cleans up ok once the grey film comes off. I'll try another pic. I refilled the oil tank and started it causing an overflow. Most of the pics have stains under them. This was wash water dripping off.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cJmuewYKuvfuDpNh6
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:45:17 am by Don R »

Don R

• View Profile
 I just got a Vermont registration for it and have begun bolting on a few parts. I took it to the drag strip and used it for a pit bike all day, it ran awesome even with the pod filters.  Mark Paris suggested the color is an anti theft deterrent. L0L. I'm really wanting candy gold.

Don R

• View Profile
 The comment above led to me buying a gold tank set from a member and  since no number pipes aren't available right now, I got a set of 341's from cmsnl. I'll coat them inside with the Eastwoods coating like I do the no number pipes and this bike may borrow them until PMC or M-TEC repros are available gain. Then they will go on my brothers one owner K4.
  I've concluded they are made when excess production capability is available and Many factories in Asia were closed for an extended time, now they are booming and trying to catch up.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What’s the Eastwood coating called and what does it do. Sounds interesting
Yabba Dabba KP

Don R

• View Profile
 I haven't stopped by for a while. The coating is Eastwood inside the pipe exhaust paint. I'm hoping it will keep rust at bay for a long time. I'm not a fan of the repro 341's on the K0 and have ordered two sets of Busso no stamp exhausts, one will be for each of the late number K0's I have. (assuming we ever get them) then the 341's will go on my brothers one owner K4.

Does anyone know when, as far as serial number the lower fork legs went from the Early K0 type with the more ridged top to the K1 type tapered top?  I have both and want it right.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 04:05:42 pm by Don R »