Honda CB750 Sandcast

Mach IV Motors - Reselling Item Ive Already Paid For - Theft?

vnz00 · 10 · 2170

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi all,  I thought Id better post this here as a warning to other buyers as he lists a fair amount of sandcast parts.  I know of a couple of people too, who have had issues with this seller.

The last lot of auctions I purchased the sandcast rolled rear rim from him.  The wheel is due to arrive with me in the next two weeks, but I can tell with certainty I wont be getting the wheel I paid for as he has just relisted it.  Its not a case of maybe/mistaken item sent either - the wheel has been cleaned, the pics have changed, and he has included a brake plate with the wheel now to cover the date stamp inside the hub.  The tire, paint marks on the tire, wheel weight and double nut on the valve stem are all identical between old and new listing.

Until I receive whatever he has sent me, I cant open a case with ebay or report it as stolen.  If anyone asks what the date stamp is inside the hub, please PM me and Im sure I can 'use my psychic powers' to tell you what number he sends back.

I have emailed him before writing this to clear this up, but as expected, no response.  I dont like naming and shaming but I think this is a step too far.

Regards, Steven.

Item I purchased:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-HONDA-CB750-FOUR-SANDCAST-KO-CB-750-K0-CB-750-SOHC-REAR-RIM-ROLLED-2-HOLE-/362451802744?item=362451802744&ViewItem=&nma=true&si=jXzEN32V3gJtVVc6wCWuUluo7wc%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Item currently listed:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-HONDA-CB750-FOUR-SANDCAST-KO-CB-750-K0-CB-750-SOHC-REAR-RIM-ROLLED-2-HOLE/362499668326?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Pics - Drive Side Purchased, Drive Side Current Listing - look at the valve stem and wheel weight locations, tire pics show it is exactly the same tire.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:51:17 pm by vnz00 »

danyo

• View Profile
It's definitely the same wheel. I think you should contact eBay directly so they can help you out. Seller is a big fish so probably there will be no consequences for him but at least you'll get your money back. I really don't understand sellers motivation. You won that auction, that means nobody else was willing to pay more for that rolled run at that time. He really thinks somebody will pay over 1200???

vnz00

• View Profile
Hi Danyo, thanks and eBay agreed that it is the same wheel, but cant do much more than refund my money.

There were a few items I purchased from him in the same group of auctions, all packaged up and sent to my third party shipper.  My shipper was able to find the item on his manifest via tracking number, and the box the seller sent was not large/heavy enough to contain much of what I bought.  All this info was sent to eBay, and the consultants were appalled as it was obviously a deliberate and malicious act.  Being able to supply pics of the package and the manifest were a great help in my case, and the consultants were able to help me then and there.

Agree too that hes a big fish and hes likely been reported before but hes still on there.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
You have a valid contract with him after buying and paying the wheel. Can´t you claim to fulfill the contract with a lawyer in order to get the wheel?
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)

vnz00

• View Profile
That may be the case Uli, but eBay said they don't control his inventory.  So basically law enforcement would need to be brought into the situation.  A police report would need to be made, the items investigated.  That's provided the item doesn't sell and end up in another country in the meantime. 

The seller waited until 45 days (I think this is the limit) to pass before relisting, so ebay protection has lapsed.  to get my money back, I have to state my case to Paypal which I believe give you 6 months to claim.  The only thing which eBay can do now is report and note this on the sellers account.  They then decide if he gets suspended or not.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wow! That is so F*#k'n bad and yes they are definitely the same wheel. This guy has much history and I've been dudded by him before and his feedback is a good indication of who he really is. He's now a proven thief and a fraudster so is the eBay powers going to piss the guy off eBay, hmm. Don't hold your breath for that to happen.
He's a thieving rrrrrrrr sole and knowing you Steven, he's not going to get away. Absolutely disgraceful.
Yabba Dabba KP

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
mach IV motors gets ill reviews on antique mc sites; he takes whole relatively complete, even original paint motorcycles that are 60-90 years old and breaks them up.  he's a business man out to squeeze every dollar he can; as we all know breaking up a motorcycle into parts is worth more than the bike as a whole.  none the less, i still don't get it.  for me, these old bikes have a spirit and a soul; all have stories to tell.  in the case of sending out a wheel that is not the wheel advertised and was paid for and purchased in good faith and then re-advertising the same wheel is fraud.  good luck, i hope ebay does the right thing.  keep us posted.

vnz00

• View Profile
I thought Id post an update on this and share what I went through with this guy.  Hopefully the information serves someone well later down the track.
Ebay weren't able to do anything about this as the item was outside of their 'protection' timeframe.  Obviously they don't control his inventory either and aside from trying to report him to the police, I couldn't get the wheel back.

I used my international shipper who brings back shipping containers.  Ebay may not have covered the transaction based on this as I used a third party shipper.  However my shipper is organised/trustworthy and also photographs and documents the size weight and tracking number of all the packages which arrive for consolidation.  With this evidence I was able to open a paypal case against Mach IV and submit this as proof.  They sent a medium sized, 5lb package supposedly containing a rear wheel, and fuel tank.  So I knew for sure what was and wasn't in the box given the weight of these items individually weigh more than 5lbs.

When the box arrived, of the 8 items I purchased there were 3 of them.  The total purchase cost of everything was well over $1k and theyd sent the items Id purchased for less than $10 combined.  The rest of the box was packaging plastic.  

I don't know what evidence Mach IV supplied to Paypal, aside from their tracking info showing the package was delivered, and that I used a third party shipper, but thankfully paypal saw reason.  I just received my refund this week after 2 months.

So if you do have a purchase go south and are outside of the Ebay return policy, Paypal have a 6 month policy which is what I used.  What I check now is all tracking information provided by a seller and look at the weight size information to see if it corresponds with what I purchased (I could have lodged a complaint with ebay sooner had I done this).  Fedex and UPS normally list the size and weight of the package sent.  I would also check the ebay return policy and confirm if it covers third party shippers.  You may not have a leg to stand on if you use one, even if you are in the right.  I think Mach IV were counting on this to win them the case.  It was what they used to retract my negative feedback with ebay when I asked ebay why it was retracted.

I noticed that the last lot of sandcast parts, their rolled rear rim sold for $810.  I also noticed 1 or 2 weeks after that same rear rim was relisted with a $1500 BIN price.  Another of their known 'tricks' if they think they can get more for a part, is to send an invoice with a stupidly inflated postage price (they have done this to me and another person I know).  Then when you dont pay the invoice, they open up an unpaid item case against you and relist the part for more money.  ~edit~ Arnold has confirmed that he legitimately received and returned the wheel I mention here, so the reason it was relisted is legitimate.  The tactic I mentioned they have still used in the past.

If people do get burnt, by any seller, then hopefully my experience might help them.  Definitely follow up, and report the seller.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:06:34 am by vnz00 »

acruz

• View Profile
Steve, I actually won that auction for the last rolled rear rim for $810.  I received the wheel and hub within a few days and it had a bad dent that I got an estimate for repair and it would have been too much to invest into one wheel.  I ended up returning the wheel to machivmotors and they gave me a refund.  I was surprised to see that they almost doubled the price to $1500.  In this recent case, machivmotors did send the part and  they also stood by their return policy. 

vnz00

• View Profile
Good to Know Arnold, Im glad they came through for you and have done the right thing.  Thanks for letting us know.  

I did notice they have just relisted the wrinkle tank I originally purchased which was never sent.  It’s been stripped of the non original paint that was  on it originally.   The underside tells the story.

Caveat emptor....

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 05:02:38 am by vnz00 »