Honda CB750 Sandcast

Early Airbox Gasket?

42barab

• View Profile
Did the two-hole-with-indent airbox have a gasket between the upper and lower halves?  I ask because there are parts diagrams showing a gasket, either item 11 or 12 depending on the source, but no part numbers are listed.  I have an April 1, 1969 CB750 parts book that does not show any gasket at all.

Could not find any reference to such a gasket in "distinctions" or the "Fuel Tank, Side Cover, Airbox" category.

Thanks
John

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I’m not awRe of a gasket The aircleaner element has the gasket as I recall. Mr Swan will know He knows all  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
The K1 airbox is provided with a seal between the lower and upper part but not on the K0...
If there was one, it would be useless because of the two openings for the admission of the
air which allows the return of sand and dust... If they had put a joint, I would see it more as acting as damper between the two elements of the box and not for sealing...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 05:39:53 am by 4pots1969 »

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
I’m not awRe of a gasket The aircleaner element has the gasket as I recall. Mr Swan will know He knows all  ;D

Mr. McGovern is being most immodest.  my knowledge of things sandcast has been long outflanked and eclipsed by the higher order of those beings with direct knowledge of double and single digit vins.  i shall continue to fade into the sunset.

Adios, Hasta la Vista, Bon Voyage, Auf Wiedersehn, Adio, Arrivederci, Прощай, Au revoir, さようなら, Sdjö, Farvel, Ha det, Vaarwel, خدا حافظ, goodbye......