Honda CB750 Sandcast

Oil Filter Cover Bolt

kp · 5 · 1307

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I generally like to see 3 items before I put pen to paper on a distinction unless I am convinced something is what it is with one of something such as the early oil filter decal. Let's look at the oil filter bolt with the 14mm head which I've now seen 3 of. It's good to know what we are looking at given the number of "scammers" and "everything is sandcast" sellers out there. The 14mm oil filter bolt was a Honda recalled item, like the no-fin cast oil filter housing, however many of both survived and can be bought on eBay, swap meets etc., but how do you know what to look for. There are several clear differences between a genuine early bolt and a repop. There are a few other subtle differences but there are 3 easily spotted differences that are difficult to replicate, especially the bolt head bottom radius. Pictures tell a story better than words so enjoy. If members have different experiences please let us know.
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
KP, as always your original threads are brilliant.  hope to hear from other members......
Well thank you Mr Swan  ;D
Yabba Dabba KP

4pots1969

• View Profile
Very interesting Mr. Kp... ;D
So the 17 mm has the reference 15420-300-010 and the 14 mm has the reference 15420-300-020, is that it?

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
17mm, KP does not mention 17mm head bolts - moreover, I believe that all 17mm head oil filter bolts were "pattern"?
15420-300-010 is the original 14mm head bolt, and 15420-300-020 the later 12mm head bolt.

Chris R.
Chris R.
302/338