Honda CB750 Sandcast

Forks sliders oddity

OZZYCB · 5 · 1667

OZZYCB

• View Profile
Hi all, thought this might be of interest to some.. Everyone says all Sandcast and KO use the same forks ,....currently doing a diecast resto 12/69 and found front slider oddities , anyone have any idea when these slightly tapered at the seal area sliders came into play.? they are definitely  both pre K1,. obviously one has been changed at some early stage, pic shows both sliders from same bike, which one is correct ?  the  Brighton bike has the same slightly tapered ones. Both have identical internals.

Don R

• View Profile
  My 5511 takes 46mm or 450 fork seals. 14100, built in 11/69 got the ones that didn't fit the Sandcast forks.
 I went out and checked, both of my bikes have the non tapered tops. I have two more sets of lowers not on bikes, one tapered, one not. On those two sets only the brake side has the extra rib and it is on the tapered and non tapered. my 38,000 era 6/70 bike has the non tapered tops. It's hard to tell about the rib when the brakes are on. Both my K1 and early K2 front ends have the tapered tops. 
 None of mine have the slight taper. They are either the square shape or the fat taper.

For the record I'm unsure what forks were swapped at this time. I'm only positive about my Sandcast 5511, I have 4 K0 now and all except the 43,000 have the early tops that match my sandcast. I believe there was a change at around 39,120 in the K0's but the parts fische on partzilla  incorrectly lists 46mm seals for all of them. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 02:18:02 am by Don R »

OZZYCB

• View Profile
Hi Don, not sure if you get my question ,the K1 and K2 have a much different full taper ,  are yours like this ?  the K1 K2 use the 48mm seal, both the ones in my first pic se the 46mm seal
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 04:10:37 am by OZZYCB »

bojje

• View Profile
Hi!
I have checked my sandcasts and K0:s. I also have 4 brand new sliders, one lightly tapered with 12 mm nuts for the frontaxle shell. These were used on the first around 5000 sandcasts. The three others are non tapered and have 14 mm nuts. These are used for later sandcasts and all K0:s.
Looking forward if someone else is of different meaning.
Kind Regards, Bo from Sweden.

Sgt.Pinback

• View Profile
Hi!
I have checked my sandcasts and K0:s. I also have 4 brand new sliders, one lightly tapered with 12 mm nuts for the frontaxle shell. These were used on the first around 5000 sandcasts. The three others are non tapered and have 14 mm nuts. These are used for later sandcasts and all K0:s.
Looking forward if someone else is of different meaning.
Kind Regards, Bo from Sweden.

Sorry, do not understand. Can you post a pic to explane, Bo?
Cheers, Uli (Leonberg, Germany)