Honda CB750 Sandcast

facebook sandcast

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
i was going post the following on sandcast facebook when i realized i would be required to join, so i thought i would post here what i was going to post there. 

"It’s pretty much water under the bridge that around 2013 or so that I helped Marcello Tha locate a round bead rear rim and sold him a “28” carb kit when when he was getting his sandcast together.  A year or two ago, I was surprised to hear about the facebook site and frankly disappointed Marcello started a facebook site for sandcasts without prior discussion for his motivation or reasoning behind starting the facebook site.  Not that any individual member needs permission to start a sandcast facebook site, it just seems like a courtesy could have been extended to discuss what might be his concerns with or how SOOC could be improved.

In any event, in my search for understanding ways SOOC can be improved so more members participate on SOOC, and rather than make incorrect assumptions, I would like to understand what motivates long time and well known SOOC members to participate on facebook and not contribute to SOOC.  Lack of participation certainly was not for my not asking for help and beseeching fellow member’s participation.  In certain cases of SOOC member activity on facebook, certain SOOC members’ participation on SOOC is only when they place “Parts Wanted” ads on SOOC.

I would also like to understand the reasoning for folks who own a sandcast, and prefer facebook to SOOC."

i realize i may need ask sandcast facebook to let me join.  Given i have to joinsandcast facebook to express the preceding thoughts, I thought I'd start out here and then consider what my next decision might be.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
just joined sandcast facebook and spoke my piece, as per below.

"It’s pretty much water under the bridge that around 2013 or so that I helped then new SOOC member Marcello Tha locate various difficult to find parts including a round bead rear rim and sold him a “28” carb kit when he was getting his sandcast together.
Quite some time ago, when I was still managing SOOC, I was surprised and disappointed to learn Marcello had started this site without prior sharing his desire, intention, motivation or reasoning behind starting this facebook site.  Don’t get me wrong, no one needs my permission to do whatever they want on the internet.

I would like to hear from SOOC members active on this facebook site so I can understand what motivates them to participate here and less so or not at all on SOOC.  I’d appreciate hearing your thoughts and will pass them on verbatim to Sam Roberts who has taken over SOOC website management.

I would also like to understand why folks here, who own a sandcast, don’t join SOOC or if they did join SOOC, would rather participate on facebook instead of SOOC.
I have my own ideas about why facebook and not or less so SOOC, but I’d rather hear yours.
Thank you for your polite and courteous replies."