Honda CB750 Sandcast

Spoke set for rolled edge rim.

chrisnoel

• View Profile
What is the part # for the spoke sets I need for my rolled edge rim?

Is thier any length difference between spokes for my rim, and the standard CB750 rim?

I just sent out payment for the rim I found and I'm waiting for it to come in.
I have money set asside for spokes so I'm shoping around.

That parts distributor in the Netherlands "CSMNL", or something like that, has some nice looking spokes.... Are they accurate?

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Chris, Myself, I would recommend using only stainless steel spokes from Buchanan Spoke & Rim - http://www.buchananspokes.com/ - Buchanan's have been in business for around 50 years. Top quality, they do wheel set up for many racers at Local & National levels. SS spokes do not tarnish & look every bit as good as new clear zinc plate. You can get the nipples from Buchanan also. I had mine yellow zinc plated. SS spokes does run counter to an 'exact' restoration, but it's my preference. Otherwise, you can have a set of used spokes & nipples new zinc plated for less money than buying front & rear sets cost form Honda. Only problem, if having old nipples replated & your nipples are buggered, then you will need to find replacements. Honda only sells nipples with spokes. They do not sell a nipple or a spoke individually. The round bead rim and the square bead rim use the same spokes. If I recall correctly, the later CB750 rims use a different spoke p.n., than the early CB750 rims. Go to Buchanan's website or call them - they can set you up with the correct p.n. Or, if you want, i can look through my receipts and get the the Buchanan p.n., if you're interested.