Honda CB750 Sandcast

Fork Q?'s

Don R · 4 · 1125

Don R

• View Profile
 Does anyone know how long the sandcast style forks were used on the diecast or 70 model bikes? I know they were 450 size for the seals. I'm assuming my 14,000 should have them.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Correct Don
Some say they changed around 44,000 or so but I don't know that for sure. The thing with the K0 is that they went to the K1 around VIN 45000 in the US and Canada but other countries including Australia continued to receive the K0 until over VIN 50000. These K0's in some markets were called a transition model. There is debate about what forks were fitted to these machines. I've seen a photo of a later than 45000 bike with the early forks but also seen photos of the K1 type fork fitted Maybe there was a "use up existing stock" decision mad by Honda. Your bike should certainly have the early 47mm fork seal outers
Yabba Dabba KP

Don R

• View Profile
 Thanks, I learned a bit from the other fork post that oz had. There are 4 total K0's in the shop.
   This began when I was working on #3  and I noticed 5511 had stepped forks,  43,000 + had stepped forks, but 14,100 had tapered.  A swap may be appropriate, but  I have an even newer 1971 K0 frame and engine, those tapered forks would be more appropriate on it. That's the transition bike they might have come on.
   I do have a proper set of early fork lowers that are in rough shape, but I've cleaned up worse and have the old rusty top tubes with most of the parts and have a couple more tapered forks just in case I need parts.
   There's a good chance I swapped those forks onto there because it was my first 750 since I was younger and I just wanted it rideable.
 I am hoping to own all three K0 colors, I got a gold tank set from Mark B on here. 

Don R

• View Profile
14,100 diecast got its early forks back. I'm currently working on a set of sandcast forks, they got new replacement tubes and seals. I'm currently cleaning up the aluminum and deciding on a finish.