Honda CB750 Sandcast

European Sandcast

J. Ubben

• View Profile
Hi there,
The following sandcast is for sale in the Netherlands:

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/honda-cb750-sandcast/1931099686-305-2127

It should be a European version for the German market.

What do you think of it, can that be possible?
Best regards

Johann

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes it is certainly a sandcast although the number has been incorrectly listed as 7844. It is in fact 7344.
One can say it is the rarest sandcast group made in that the 7XXX frame numbers didn't go far beyond 7399 or 7400 if at all so very hard to fine any 7XXX sandcasts
That is by the looks of it a very very nice machine. I would like to own that
Yabba Dabba KP

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I just had another look at that machine and others comments would be good. From what I see that is one original mother of a sandcast. Given this will disappear from view when sold I've loaded some photos for posterity
Does anyone know the price of this
Thanks for sharing J.Ubben
Yabba Dabba KP

J. Ubben

• View Profile
Hello KP,

I have written to the owner.
It should cost 34,500 euros and is with German papers.
He writes the following:
The Honda can be viewed by appointment in Someren-Eind (Netherlands), 35 minutes by car from Venlo (German border).
It is also possible to arrange a video call where I can show you the Honda in detail. Many detail photos and a video on request.
Best regards
Johann

Sam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Nice looking bike as KP said. The exhaust s wrong (it should be a no-number and not an HM300). The seat has aftermarket foam (it should be red). I would want to confirm that it is a wrinkle tank. Not sure if that is an original rear fender (painted brake light tower and the presence of the spec label are not on my original 6xxx sandcast). Perhaps a European difference? I'm sure KP and Bo will know. The top triple tree appears to be polished aluminum. It should be painted flat black. Also not sure if those are some kind of special euro turn signals or just aftermarket parts. I dont think the rubber boot on the master cylinder appeared until the K1. Same with the master cylinder cap with writing on it. Looks like the ignition switch is a later non-recessed switch.

It is a nice bike. I'm just being picky :)
Ujeni Motors
Sandcast #410
Sandcast #538 Watch the restoration!
Sandcast #6592 All original daily driver.
Diecast #16608