Honda CB750 Sandcast

Oil filter housing

RIchcolano

• View Profile
Hello,i am fairly new to the group. I am searching for the most accurate sand cast oil filter housing available. Who makes it and where do i get it ?
So looking for mirrors. Are the Yamiya copy of both item accurate ?
Any help appreciated

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hello,i am fairly new to the group. I am searching for the most accurate sand cast oil filter housing available. Who makes it and where do i get it ?
So looking for mirrors. Are the Yamiya copy of both item accurate ?
Any help appreciated

Welcome to the group.  i haven't participated much the past few years and my knowledge of most accurate repro parts available isn't up to date, but to my knowledge and experience no one then was making an accurate reproduction of the housing.  i know Yamiya was offering these filter covers but the last i saw of them they were a rough cast finish which was not the factory finish that was not highly polished.  Attached you can note the filter cover that came with my F232 bike.  Finding an original cover will probably take a lot of searching.  You could always look for the early finned version without web reinforcements on the inside, or any finned cover and knock off the fins and finish the final turning in a lathe which i've done a number of times or do the same to a Yamiya cover assuming they still have a rough cast finish.

Please do follow up on the forum for the benefit of others with what you finally settled with.