Honda CB750 Sandcast

Dedicated restoration threads

Wayne · 3 · 2536

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I noticed that Mark's restoration thread over on the SOHC4 site has caught a lot of attention. It is my understanding Mark may be doing his next one here on our SOOC board. (thanks Mark) I was thinking that perhaps we could set up an area where members can document their restoration start to finish like Mark has done. Our existing category's offer all kind of information on how to restore a Sandcast. A "Restoration" thread would document the individuals interpretation of the restoration process. Thoughts?

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=64283.0
[size=

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
Hi Wayne,

I think you have a great idea !!!

I believe Mark is on vacation, but not for much longer......... ?  

My understanding is the same as yours, he plans to post not only the restoration of #97, but also post details as he notes them during the dismantling process.

And, Joe Kulick is in the middle of his 6xxx restoration as well.  I know Joe had mentioned in an email to me, he would like to post his 6xxx restoration process.

Wayne, perhaps as a friendly invitation and reminder from the BB Manager, could you write Mark and Joe, to make them aware of your plan and also as an invitation to particpate when they are ready.......... ?

It's great to see fellow member's involvement, having as many different members actively participating creates more interest and makes for the website be best we can be.

Thanks again, Wayne, for your help !

And, looking forward to reading thoughts fellow members have for a dedicated "Restoration" thread.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Would be really great to "see" progress on members restorations -always good to hear how others overcome / deal with their own "challenges".

Not going to offer to share progress on #1120 though - Started it in 1991 :(, so the gaps between installments would be LONG!!
Chris R.
302/338