Honda CB750 Sandcast

Steve? Ft collins chrome plating?

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I know the discustion of my spokes was almost too much to bear, but where should I take my rims for chrome plating? I would preffer some place in Ft. Collins or atleast not down in Denver.

I'll need them to be stripped and re-chromed. Is polishing necessary if they are not pitted before striping? Or does the striping process etch them and in turn require polishing.

kp

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Chris, You may think I'm being a smart thingy, so be it, I'm going to be a smart thingy
Maybe you could look up platers, chrome platers, metal plating or whatever in your local telephone directory. Other than Steve, my good friend, I doubt any of us boys n girls would have a clue what plating works you have locally. Just a teeny weeny little break from it KP  :'(
Yabba Dabba KP

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I live in Cheyenne Wy... The void of all plating and coating shops in the U.S. Steve lives in Ft. Collins Co. which is only 40 min. South of me and has plating and coating shops all over. Since I don't have a Co. dirrectory I would really like to know from Steve what shop he uses. I have allready been burnt finding my own powder coater in Ft. Collins. Turns out Steve has a powder coater right down the road from the one I used that does much better work.

Steve.

If you could send me another e-mail in reguards to a chrome plater in your area. I don't have the info you sent me a while ago, and I didn't get one last night. I promise this time I'll put the # in my index, and not bring it up again.