Honda CB750 Sandcast

Recessed Ign. Switch

Wayne · 10 · 2900

Joe K

• View Profile
I don't get why it is going so high.  I have never seen anything like this before.

Joe K.

Steve Swan

• View Profile
    • cb750sandcastonly.com
It's ebay.  Right time, right place with the right bidder who has a need.  Have seen these sets go for more than $500, this has to be a record, though.  Can't stick a dollar bill where the switch and lock go.  It's like anything else, the item is worth exactly the price the the person who needs it is willing to pay for it.  Everybody has their own definition of 'value', what they can or want to afford, if they live in an area where such items are not readily found, etc.  We are lucky here in the States, we have much more access to finding these parts, our overseas friends have much less to find.

Wayne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes Steve, i agree. Ebay is a strange and wonderful place. I have several hundred transactions, both bought and sold. The funny thing is, I have tried to sell some things of real value and can't get half of what they are worth yet I put a piece of junk on and it goes sky high! Go figure. Wanna buy a watch with a broken minute hand??  ;)
[size=

donzie

• View Profile
About 3 years ago there was a recessed switch nos in the box went for  $1250.00

cb7504

• View Profile
A few years back a recessed switch and fork lock set that had the red plugged key went for very close to what the one one eBay is now going for. Marty K.

hondasan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Damn! Perhaps I should not of given that one away (with two plug keys) a couple of years back!
Still , it was to a good friend, and he did give me a GENUINE complete master cylinder from one of the Las Vegas pre-production bikes in return.

And it sure did feel good to do a deal without MONEY being involved  ;D ;D
Chris R.
302/338

chrisnoel

• View Profile
I had a streak several years back where I found quite a few of them and sold them on e-bay.  Kept paying the credit card down while the wife kept spending it up.  Now I can't find another ignition to save my life and I'm divorced.  Aw well, atleast now when I find something to sell I get to spend the money on my kids or my motorcycles. 

chrisnoel

• View Profile
Oh yea.  I'm really good at rebuilding these ignitions now.  Dismantle, clean, lube and new shrink on the wires only takes me an hour and I have spare parts to do it. 

cb7504

• View Profile
Chris:
       Received the recessed CB750 ignition switches you worked on for me, I must say they are working superb. Chris replaced damaged wires, sheathing, connectors, disassembled, cleaned and lubed the switches. One of the switches had an internal failure and Chris was able to repair it very nicely as well. Chris thanks again for a job well done, a pleasure to deal with. Marty K.